Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

    I had to buy one today because I couldn't get my usual Gerber Viper. My review of the round bowl 1200; the toilet is stamped made in Ecuador inside the tank. Never seen that before. The bowl was surprisingly very heavy and seemed of good quality. The tank was an oval shape and when installed looked nice. Had the regular tank to bowl nuts that I use my little handy socket tool that came with something else but always works for these type of tank to bowl nuts. Had some kind of generic type fluidmaster and generic regular flapper, seemed to work good and didn't need adjusting at all.
    The flush really surprised me! Had some great action for the flush. Did a paper test and it took it all down, a lot of it. Water surface area was a lot less than the Gerber but the flush seemed to make up for it.
    All in all I was impressed. Curious what others experiences have been with this toilet.

  • #2
    Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

    Not sure if we dealt with the same model, but I have run into some that have been in a few years. The metallic parts have the lowest corrosion resistance I've encountered. Really look bad after only a few years. And the ones I've seen had what I call the "Tapeworm Flapper". Clear vinyl flapper & vinyl chain.

    Finally, they absolutely would not work with a Korky standard, Korky chlorine resistant, Coast, and some other one I had flapper. Would leak or would not flush right. Finally got the ONLY original one hanging on the wall at Ferguson's, and it worked fine.

    I think they flush fine and the China is ok. The tank seemed a little thin, but many are doing that.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

      I represented a plumber who installed ProFlo water closets in a 152 unit hotel in Anaheim. One claim among many was the water closets wouldn't flush. The water closets were owner supplied but the owner said the plumber should have warned him. I abused about half of the water closets and could not get a single one to not flush. I was pretty impressed with them.

      Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

      I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        I represented a plumber who installed ProFlo water closets in a 152 unit hotel in Anaheim. One claim among many was the water closets wouldn't flush. The water closets were owner supplied but the owner said the plumber should have warned him. I abused about half of the water closets and could not get a single one to not flush. I was pretty impressed with them.

        Mark
        I did a few houses where a contractor supplied them and had one (may have been two-can't remember) out of about 15 that absolutely would NOT flush.

        Called the Ferguson rep and explained the situation nicely. He kind of got smart in his tone and said it wasn't plumbed right. I told him anything is possible and would he come give a look.

        When he got there I had them put together & leveled all the way around sitting on cinderblocks in the street. Proper level in the tank. Flushed.....just swirled 'round and round & never emptied the bowl. I gave him a lil' talk about getting smart towards customers. They replaced the bowls and the next one's worked fine and are still in today.

        You can get a bad cast once in awhile from all brands. Had warped Kohlers. Not long ago I had a Mansfield 137 that when sitting on a closet flange that was set at the CORRECT height was between 1/4"-1/2" off the floor in the back. The flange was screwed to the floor and the right height & the floor was level linoleum. Got a new bowl, all good. Frustrating when it happens though.

        I emailed Mansfield with the cast number and cast date stamped in the bowl to try and keep it from happening to the rest of you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

          Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          I did a few houses where a contractor supplied them and had one (may have been two-can't remember) out of about 15 that absolutely would NOT flush.

          Called the Ferguson rep and explained the situation nicely. He kind of got smart in his tone and said it wasn't plumbed right. I told him anything is possible and would he come give a look.

          When he got there I had them put together & leveled all the way around sitting on cinderblocks in the street. Proper level in the tank. Flushed.....just swirled 'round and round & never emptied the bowl. I gave him a lil' talk about getting smart towards customers. They replaced the bowls and the next one's worked fine and are still in today.

          You can get a bad cast once in awhile from all brands. Had warped Kohlers. Not long ago I had a Mansfield 137 that when sitting on a closet flange that was set at the CORRECT height was between 1/4"-1/2" off the floor in the back. The flange was screwed to the floor and the right height & the floor was level linoleum. Got a new bowl, all good. Frustrating when it happens though.

          I emailed Mansfield with the cast number and cast date stamped in the bowl to try and keep it from happening to the rest of you.
          Wow, that does sound like a bad casting job, good catch.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

            Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
            I emailed Mansfield with the cast number and cast date stamped in the bowl to try and keep it from happening to the rest of you.

            Thank you for trying to solve the worlds problems but maybe you need less spare time on your hands

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

              I seriously didn't expect much from ProFlo but I have to say that I was impressed with the quality and the flush. Granted it's a builders grade toilet but the flush was really good, the bowl was very heavy, and the tank was average. I was surprised that the flapper chain was already attached and the fill valve set perfectly for the water level in the tank. No adjustments made.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                Thank you for trying to solve the worlds problems but maybe you need less spare time on your hands
                Message clearly received. It will not happen again.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                  Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Thank you for trying to solve the worlds problems but maybe you need less spare time on your hands
                  Take it the lesbian conversion didn't happen? Gotta find something to do at night.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    I represented a plumber who installed ProFlo water closets in a 152 unit hotel in Anaheim. One claim among many was the water closets wouldn't flush. The water closets were owner supplied but the owner said the plumber should have warned him. I abused about half of the water closets and could not get a single one to not flush. I was pretty impressed with them.
                    Mark
                    Mark,
                    Besides the lawyers, did your plumber win as well.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                      Have 3 proflo's currently in my house, and they are not bad. However, quite a few times they won't take the full load without holding the handle down. I will be replacing all 3 very soon for Kohler sloans.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                        The Proflo I installed today wasn't like that. It had the fluidmaster type fill valve and a generic type flapper with a chain. I'm sure a Korky would replace it perfectly. I did some research today and found old Youtube video from the older Proflo toilets that had tank parts as you describe. Also the older ones had more of a swirl flush with no siphon jet. The new ones are 100% siphon jet from the rear and the flush is powerful. I don't think they make them as you describe anymore. They must have made changes and upgrades. I have no problem with the one I installed today, it's a good basic toilet. If I didn't like it I would say so.

                        Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                        Not sure if we dealt with the same model, but I have run into some that have been in a few years. The metallic parts have the lowest corrosion resistance I've encountered. Really look bad after only a few years. And the ones I've seen had what I call the "Tapeworm Flapper". Clear vinyl flapper & vinyl chain.

                        Finally, they absolutely would not work with a Korky standard, Korky chlorine resistant, Coast, and some other one I had flapper. Would leak or would not flush right. Finally got the ONLY original one hanging on the wall at Ferguson's, and it worked fine.

                        I think they flush fine and the China is ok. The tank seemed a little thin, but many are doing that.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                          Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                          Mark,
                          Besides the lawyers, did your plumber win as well.
                          Plumbing wise he did well but he had some licencing problems. It's a little confusing but he was licensed in California as an Individual and licensed in Arizona as a Corporation. The payroll and insurance was from his Arizona Corporation. Technically, the Corporation was unlicensed in California. The hotel owner refused to pay the remaining $250,000 left on the contract. In California, courts are prohibited from awarding any money to an unlicensed Contractor. This part of the lawsuit was handled outside of my part of the lawsuit because it had to do with legal conclusions not plumbing.

                          Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                            The ProFlo toilets are manufactured by Briggs for Ferguson. I've installed a few tank type and they were ok. The commercial flush valve type are pretty decent. Only thing is that their white is not nearly as bright as kohler or gerber. That can make a difference to some customers (like my dentist, no joke!)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: ProFlo toilet sold by Ferguson

                              I've put in a few of them, no problems with the flush, I've rebuilt dozens of them. Cheap tank to bowl hardware and the flappers break after a few years. I've replaced with coast flappers with no problems. They're not fine tuned china or fancy, but they'll work. I don't care what brand toilet it is, when it's not working properly, customers will call it builders grade junk.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X