X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifetime Pipe warranty Really ?

I bid a repipe guy gave me the job usual 5 year warranty ...

bought materials posted permit ...

Guy bails ...some guy offered a "Lifetime on the pipe" Warranty

You guys get sick of the scam artists ?

Re: Lifetime Pipe warranty Really ?

It's easy to offer the lifetime warranty if you know you won't be in business (or still using the same business name) in 10 years. I try to explain that to customers and some get it and some don't.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

water pipe with lifetime warranty:

Endopure
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I will call them tomorrow ...sounds a little pricey ... but I can offer it as an option ...

Comment

I dont think it's a competitive option as special tools and methods are required to maintain the warranty.
          ~~

Comment

And the freight costs more than the pipe ... I am sure the guy was blowing smoke and customer bought it ... nothing within 50 miles with over a 25 Yr warranty ... LOL

Comment

well maybe someday that same customer will call again. then you can see the pipe job, and maybe disprove, the lifetime warranty. but then again, if these people are too dumb to get out of the 1900's, not do research, and make bad decisions then maybe they arent the type of person you need for your bottom line.
              ~~

Comment

I just had a thought, and it didnt occur earlier because I consider such pipe to be DIY. FlowGuard Gold CPVC carries a lifetime warranty. The hitch being it cannot carry any chemicals (like chlorine and chloramines).

http://www.cresline.com/pdf/cresline...cnwfggwarr.pdf
                ~~

Comment

That's what I figured :-( we have chlorimines in our water and the azz Clown knows it !

He is the sloppiest plumber i ever met LOL He just tells the clients what they want to hear ...

Comment

arent hacks great?
                    ~~

Comment

Think about it.
                      Any of us could offer the lifetime warranty. The average person moves every seven years,and when they move they do not care about the house they leave behind. Also, most people do not know who did their plumbing even a few years later so odds are that the original installer will not get the call to repair any failed piping. Also it is unlikely that the customer will find the paperwork needed to claim the warranty. As was stated there is also the possibility that the original guy may be out of business.

Worst case scenario for the installer is he goes back on a warranty call 5 or ten years later and can either say only the pipe is covered not the labor or he can man up, do the whole repair and probably find more work to do for the people or at least impress them with his service.

The big boxes use a similar marketing strategy, bring anything back and return it or get a credit. It gets you back in the store, probably buying more and makes you realize how much you like Big Brother. or he might just be a marketing whiz.

Comment

Working...
                      X