• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van mini hoist/lift needed

Greetings all and happy monday!

I'm located in Orange County, CA

Chevy Express 2500

Need some leads on a auto mini lift/hoist to help me get my drain machines and future mini jetter in and out of the back of my van. An arm type will do, although I'm thinking of a lift with some sort of arm that slides across the top so I can lift on both the left and right sides, if that makes sense

Thanks folks!
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-28-2013, 11:28 AM.

Re: Van mini hoist/lift needed

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
    Greetings all and happy monday!

I'm located in Orange County, CA

Need some leads on a auto mini lift/hoist to help me get my drain machines and future mini jetter in and out of the back of my van. An arm type will do, although I'm thinking of a lift with some sort of arm that slides across the top so I can lift on both the left and right sides, if that makes sense

Thanks folks!
    Check out this link from Powermate. I bought one of their hand trucks last year, and it's a life saver.

This one here is for the truck only.

PowerMate® Stairclimbing Model?* #LiftGate

Comment

Very nice indeed! Will be calling them this morning. Hopefully they have folks here in So Cal. Thanks!

Comment

harbor frieght crane...replace the manual hoist with electric...under 250.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Harbor Freight

is much more my price range! Thank for the input.

Comment

Re: Harbor Freight

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
            is much more my price range! Thank for the input.
            Out of curiosity, did you get a price on the
            PowerMate® Stairclimbing Model* #LiftGate

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by lreops View Post
              Out of curiosity, did you get a price on the
              PowerMate® Stairclimbing Model* #LiftGate

Ron

If I had to guess, I would say 4k +/-

For 6 years this same salesman hounded us to buy a handtruck and the price was $4,600.00 (give or take).

Last year, we bought that handtruck in the $2,200.00 range. I have to give the salesman credit, he hung in for 6 years!!

Anyways, a Plumber in our area has this powermate set-up in his truck, and it's really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                harbor frieght crane...replace the manual hoist with electric...under 250.
                that's what i've used in the last 3 vans. chevy 3500, gmc 4500 and sprinter 1 ton.

all converted with the electric winch.

most importantly is to properly bolt through the floor and into a steel plate below the floor properly secured to the frame or heavy structure.

no problem when it's a light load non extended, but a heavy jetter or machine extended out will tweak your floor if not mounted properly.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

called them this morning. The going rate is about $3K plus $450.00 for install. I'm sure it's a killer lift, but I'm certainly going to explore other options.
                  Last edited by JeffH; 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Have you looked into the scooter industry?
                    Scooter Car Lifts: Harmar Lifts, Scooter Vehicle Lifts, Mobility Scooter Lift, SUV Wheelchair Scooter Lifts

Comment

Something I did with mine was add a 10lb weight right above the hook. It was actually 2 anode plates from west marine. Without the weight, you have to keep constant tension on the cable or it'll tangle up.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                        Check out this link from Powermate. I bought one of their hand trucks last year, and it's a life saver.

This one here is for the truck only.

PowerMate® Stairclimbing Model #LiftGate
                        that's a nice setup. don't know what it costs but certaintly looks like a back saver. with 500 lb capacity you can do a lot.
                        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                          that's a nice setup. don't know what it costs but certaintly looks like a back saver. with 500 lb capacity you can do a lot.
                          I have the actual stair climber, and it's a dream to pull out a 400# boiler by myself. No more cracking sections and getting black water/soot all over the basement floor.

Anything heavier, I need another guy on the steps with me.

But I've seen this exact set-up in person from another local Plumber, and it is a really nice unit. This was placed in a Sprinter van, and it fits nicely.

Comment

Working...
                          X