X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brasscraft stop handle issue????

Interesting that I've ran into 3 broken handles in the past 2 weeks. 2 handles broke in my hand and one in a Customers hand. A good friend and plumber mentioned to me that he has run into the same issues and will only use another brand made in the "north". Anybody with insight?

Re: Brasscraft stop handle issue????

The stops of yesterday are not the stops of today. The oval handles are thinner and stops only get exercised twice- once when they are put in and once when they are taken out. Thus, they are usually frozen in place,

The 2006 can help. Faucet & Sink Installer - RIDGID Professional Tools

I replace them with 1/4 turn ball stops.

Comment

i still like the brass craft stops because i can still repair the packing nut or stem without changing the stop.

Comment

Same tool i use on stuck handles. Old school handles were metal with brass stems. Now all plastic for the most part. There were issues with the plastic polymers used and the bad reaction to chlorinated water.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Same tool i use on stuck handles. Old school handles were metal with brass stems. Now all plastic for the most part. There were issues with the plastic polymers used and the bad reaction to chlorinated water.
          What tool is that? and when you say there "were" issues, does that mean the issues are resolved?

Comment

Working...
          X