X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rheem tank failures

So just had my third drain assembly fail on rheem professional series electric 40 gallon water heaters ...the code here just outlawed top feed tanks. The new grey or bleu rheem tanks suck, I swithched from john wood to rheem because they had brass drains and bottom feed adaptor , thinking brass is always better then plastic. Wrong all three failures are a small hairline crack along the casting right whre your mip or nipple threads into. No I did not over tighten them not all three , all have been installed in the last two months. Anyways just warning anyone on here that installs those tanks I can not be the only person having this issue. But I'm getting pissed off . The good news Bradford white will be getting quite a few more sales this year.

Re: rheem tank failures

the code here just outlawed top feed tanks. Why ?

Comment

Jarvis or something some bacteria problem when the dip tube that brings the cold water to the bottom of the tank breaks off, I'm not sure the plumbing inspector told me super briefly..can't really recall. There legal in Alberta but not BC here in brithish Columbia we get raped on everything.. BC stands for bring cash...

Comment

That's really pretty stupid ... You know very quickly when a dip tube has failed !

Comment

I don't write the rules just follow them? If they tell me its not legal and you can't purchase them, I don't need to a hot water tank runner sneaking them from Alberta seems like a unpaid pain in the ***. But I agree its stupid, what difference could a bottom feed or top feed really make?

Comment

Bottom feed requires a Vacuum breaker and coats the customer even more ...

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
            I don't write the rules just follow them? If they tell me its not legal and you can't purchase them, I don't need to a hot water tank runner sneaking them from Alberta seems like a unpaid pain in the ***. But I agree its stupid, what difference could a bottom feed or top feed really make?

Comment

Sure it's going to cost the customer more. Most all of them will require extra work and piping.

Comment

Any residential tank here requires a vacuam breaker, means for thermal expansion and 18" of non plastic piping a shut off on the cold supply a drain pan and a drain to accommodate the pan.

Comment

Working...
                X