• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullet Mole

Any thoughts?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Bullet Mole

So they are telling me you can just "extract the shaft" by pulling lightly like in the video? Try doing that with clay soil. Neat tool though. I would just worry about getting it stuck.

Comment

The head is bigger than the shaft. Might work in dirt up north but red clay down south, doubt it very much, especially in the summer drought.

Comment

Those people have never tried breaking basalt rock in our area. Even a jaw crusher struggles at times. Not a chance you'd pound it through rock here.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
          Those people have never tried breaking basalt rock in our area. Even a jaw crusher struggles at times. Not a chance you'd pound it through rock here.
          You need to get yourself a man's hammer.

Comment

It would work good , in the sandy soil around me arrow heads would push right out of the way

Comment

2 things.

What do I need to do, software install, to see the link for the youtube video that ben posted ? Nothing is showing up on my android 4.1.1 phone or tablet.

As far as the bullet mole goes, my buddy borrowed 1years ago for a parking lot sprinkler pipe and it ended coming up through the asphalt. He wasn't happy.

My water / jetter powered mole is the bomb. My hydraulic one was a waste of money.

Rick.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, you have a memory like an elephant! I'm glad I took the bullet mole for a test drive before I considered making a purchase. We did have some issues removing the bullet mole from our excavated starting point when more than three screw together lengths were connected.

Comment

Ben ,Love My Borzit. I have developed some tricks over the Years with this tool. And Kathy at Borzit is awesome !
                  Of course I'm in clay country Not endless rocks ! It will push small rocks aside in the earth. The price is great at under $300.00. Give Me a call if You want any info. Will send PM with Phone # Kevin
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Rick what is your Jetter powered mole?

How do you make it work.

Simon

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    2 things.

What do I need to do, software install, to see the link for the youtube video that ben posted ? Nothing is showing up on my android 4.0 phone or tablet.

As far as the bullet mole goes, my buddy borrowed 1years ago for a parking lot sprinkler pipe and it ended coming up through the asphalt. He wasn't happy.

My water / jetter powered mole is the bomb. My hydraulic one was a waste of money.

Rick.

Comment

HYDRO BORING SYSTEM

Some day plumbing, here's a good link to the water mole and use. Same price I paid 10 years ago.

Rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

rick ,can you please describe some of Your projects with this tool. how is it in dense clay? Thanks Kevin
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

works great in dense clay as that's pretty much our soil here. the water jet will blast a hole through the soil and easliy slide back. i have different size tips that will enlarge holes. the most commin use i have is to bore from the curb through the parkway and under the sidewalk. then i can easily install 2-4'' pipe through the curb. no drill or electricty to run or get shocked.

tool, you could use sch 80 pipe and fittings without the jetter hose inside and make your own tool. but the advantage of the jette hose is the lighter weight boring bars as the pipe is just used to keep you on course. the jetter hose contains the 1500-4000# pressure.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

What I do like about My borzit , is that it will push aside small rocks ! I just received a new 1 1/4" borzit drill head. Misplaced My original. If I had started with this instead of the 2 " in hard clay,It would have gone faster.

Comment

Working...
                            X