Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/4 turn stop vs. multi turn angle stop

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
    1/4 turn are also better because you won't get little pieces of old black washer breaking off and clogging aerators and fouling ballcocks.
    This is exactly what I was talking about. There are 1/4 turn stops with washers. And they stink!
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
      1/4 turn are also better because you won't get little pieces of old black washer breaking off and clogging aerators and fouling ballcocks. Not to mention, once all of the washer does break off it won't completely turn of the water any more.
      Here in the Florida Keys we get our water thru the "Aquaduct". It's piped all the way from the Everglades aquafer to Key West. They use both "Chlorine" and "Chlorimine" to sanitize the water, "Chlorimine" makes rubber disinigrate, the 1/4 turn angle stops I use are true "ball valve" stops, no rubber at all. 18% of my service calls are because the existing stop will not shut off the water. I will NOT use any supply stop that has rubber gaskets. 12% are from toilets that run, because the chemicals have eaten up the rubber flapper. I now use "Chlorimine resistant" flappers. Keep up the good work "Florida Keys Aquaduct Authority", and thank you for making my mortgage payments easy....

Comment

I prefer Wolverine brass regular angle stops. Since plumbing in CA, I've seen 1 to many 1/4 angle stops where the handle would turn but not shut the water off.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
        X