Commercial sinks n floor sinks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial sinks n floor sinks

With in 5 ft. ,no trap on sink. Our code requires a trap on sink to floor sink. Can You give Me the Logic? Of course floor sink is trapped. Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Commercial sinks n floor sinks

I assume by floor sink you are saying floor drain? Are you saying the sink dumps into the floor drain which is trapped ? Is there an air gap between the sink drain and the floor drain?
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Yes trapped 12"x12" floor sink 1" air gap on Big S.Steel Comm. sink. Thanks
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        With in 5 ft. ,no trap on sink. Our code requires a trap on sink to floor sink. Can You give Me the Logic? Of course floor sink is trapped. Thanks Tool
        Kevin
        Good question. Is there a reason for it, like maybe your buddy Dan is out to get you? CPC 803.0 states that any any direct waste line more than 5' and less than 15' will require a trap but not a vent. Why? Because it says so. Furthermore, it says if you do run a vent, it can't connect to any other fixture's vent. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to bring the whole indirect waste section (chapter 8) up at our next code meeting.

Comment

I did it to code in Marin co., not SF. It all passed fine. I Knew this ,but never understood the reason. Be well Kevin

Comment

I don't why....the reason given above I guess is as good as any....cause it don't make sense...that is why we do it? LOL!!!
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

We're all just trying to survive out there!

Comment

Same reason they want fixture traps even if you have a whole house trap, the longer pipe runs can get fouled and start to smell. Now what keeps the smell from just pouring out of the open end when not in use? /shrug danged if I know.

"This is how it was explained to me anyway"

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                I don't why....the reason given above I guess is as good as any....cause it don't make sense...that is why we do it? LOL!!!
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

We cannot go that far here before a trap on the indirect line. Why do you need it? The answer is contaminates making its way into the sinks. Where did they pull the numbers from? Who knows but that is the reason.

A floor sink is not a floor drain. They are common in restaurants and other food prep type areas. IPC requires 2" air gap.
                  Last edited by Gettinit; 02-06-2013, 09:53 PM.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • conductor fault locating
                  • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
                  X