Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Crane Slant Mount Kitchen Faucet

Have any of you guys had to find a replacement faucet for a old crane
    I have a customer that wanted to save her old sink ,
    The faucet didn't make it through the trauma of the sink being pulled out by the carpenters to level the cabinets.
    Now the sink has granite on top of it
    The copper tube for the spray is cracked at the valve body , I know if i took it all apart i might be able to sweat out the tube, alot of work for a old faucet
    Thanks ron

Re: Old Crane Slant Mount Kitchen Faucet

God damn carpenters......
    26+6=1

Comment

I would bet that this one can be adapted to slant back sinks:

Elements of Design EB1791BLBS New Orleans Two Handle Kitchen Faucet With Spray Polished Chrome*-*eFaucets.com

Last edited by Plumber Punky; 02-07-2013, 10:41 PM. Reason: spelling
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Its hard to tell in the pic but i only have about 3" for the valve body to turn down before i gets into the wood holding up the sink
        I have been looking at some deltas i may have to go and hold one in my hand to see if it will work

Comment

If you go further down on the linked page there is a specification sheet in pdf that has measurements.

http://www.eodfaucet.com/charts/spec/EB1791BLBS.pdf
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Yes i rebuild one for a ho way back in 1983 and it was very hard to get the crane parts then !

you might try M-ONE Specialties in Salt Lake City they seem to have access to this style of old parts

M-One Specialties, Inc. - Plumbing Supplier
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I'd try contacting one or more of these suppliers and talking to someone who you can send a picture to. With a little luck you might be able to rebuild that beast.
              Crane Parts
              Crane Faucet Parts
              Faucet parts
              Crane faucet parts
              Last edited by Plumbus; 02-09-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                Have any of you guys had to find a replacement faucet for a old crane
                I have a customer that wanted to save her old sink ,
                The faucet didn't make it through the trauma of the sink being pulled out by the carpenters to level the cabinets.
                Now the sink has granite on top of it
                The copper tube for the spray is cracked at the valve body , I know if i took it all apart i might be able to sweat out the tube, alot of work for a old faucet
                Thanks ron
                You can try contacting Geers Plumbing in Huntington Beach, CA, they specialize in really hard to find/discontinued hardware. Call them at (714) 536-1449. You can prob forward the pics to them. It's worth a shot.

Comment

I would think that a widespread type faucet with flexible hoses would be adaptable to that sink. I know central brass makes a replacement faucet for the old through-the-back pedestal lavs, but I don;t know about the kitchen sink. I have a customer with an old dial-eze sink just like that one that I am also keeping an eye out for a potential replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                    I would think that a widespread type faucet with flexible hoses would be adaptable to that sink. I know central brass makes a replacement faucet for the old through-the-back pedestal lavs, but I don;t know about the kitchen sink. I have a customer with an old dial-eze sink just like that one that I am also keeping an eye out for a potential replacement.
                    It wont be hard once i find the right faucet , I still haven't had time to look at any , the kitchen is still tore apart so they eat out

Comment

Try Chicago Faucets. 786-HZGN2AE3-317CP Manual and Metering Faucets : Chicago Faucets

Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Oh and you dont have to buy the one with the high goose neck spout. You can get a spoutless unit and choose any Chicago Faucet spout that will suit their needs and desires. This model comes with out the spout and handles so you can choose lever handles, canpy handles, cross, or the wrist blade type. 786-HZLESSSPT&HDLCP Manual and Metering Faucets : Chicago Faucets

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          Oh and you dont have to buy the one with the high goose neck spout. You can get a spoutless unit and choose any Chicago Faucet spout that will suit their needs and desires. This model comes with out the spout and handles so you can choose lever handles, canpy handles, cross, or the wrist blade type. 786-HZLESSSPT&HDLCP Manual and Metering Faucets : Chicago Faucets

Do they make one that has a pull-out side spray? I really wish Chicago was more readily available here.

Comment

I was hopping the spray hooked on the bottom of the tee

Comment

Let me call my Chicago Rep in the morning. He has bailed me out in the past. He can check to see if they have any of the older discontinued faucets in their inventory collecting dust. Pm me your phone # and I can call you after I talk to him.

Comment

Working...
                              X