Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Starting a sewer camera and locating business.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a sewer camera and locating business.

I work for a plumbing company now doing camera work and locating, and heard there is a lot of money to be made doing the work with your own business. What is the best way to get a camera and locating business started?
    Thank you.

Re: Starting a sewer camera and locating business.

Just buy yourself a nice van, all the equipment and sit back and relax. The money will start rolling in. Just ask your present employer.

Comment

How many camera calls does your present company do a week right now? I think it would be very tough to make a living just doing camera work. I know around here you couldn't.

Comment

Camera work is a nitch and with the right contacts, you could make a good living.

Out here there are camera companies just doing work for reality companies. Of course snaking and jetting are typically needed along with locations.

But you better know what you're doing and have liability insurance. 15-100k plus a good work vehicle will get you started.

It doesn't happen overnight, but it does happen.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Around these parts service guys charge $250-$350 to camera a line. Your clients will be other plumbers without equipment marking up your services to the client. If you can book 4-5 inspections a day, you might do alright. One cat put up fliers at all the supply houses with tear off phone number slips. I grabbed one for my buddy who is building his business but doesn't own a camera yet.

Can YOU afford a Ridgid camera, locator and service vehicle?

Comment

Around here, the real money isnt in camera inspections its in all the other services that result from camera inspections like excavations for repairs, jetting, cabling, locating.

Comment

Arizona plumber said it best. Ask your employer since he's already in that market. BTW, before you ask him....have a plan B.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
              X