X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida BFP

Just wondering why in warm climates the BFP are installed outside. It seems they would be wy to easy to tamper with even when chained up. I live In a 4 season environment so we install them indoors (heated)

Re: Florida BFP

Originally posted by Tanico View Post
    Just wondering why in warm climates the BFP are installed outside. It seems they would be wy to easy to tamper with even when chained up. I live In a 4 season environment so we install them indoors (heated)
    The further you get from the meter the more likely someone will make a connection in front of the device. In addition, consider the cost involved in a leaking RP indoors.

Mark
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 02-11-2013, 11:05 AM.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I see what your saying we are only aloud to use DC units for that reason and installed down stream of the meter. Do you guys install expansion tanks as well inside?

Comment

My X-tank is just outside on the main, but many are inside on the water heater down here(Florida).

Comment

That boggles my mind a little. Is it above ground or in a pit?

Originally posted by myakka View Post
          My X-tank is just outside on the main, but many are inside on the water heater down here(Florida).
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

When I lived in Florida...all the well components just sit on the ground including a shallow well pump....if it was going to be cold enough to freeze all you did was put a light bulb on it and throw a bed sheet over the whole thing.....cause be 8 am everything would be warm enough again...
            Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
            You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Above ground, fastened to the house.

Comment

Working...
              X