Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T&S Brass faucet spout

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
    I am not saying you are wrong. I do think that you are over thinking the safety aspect of the install with a airgap dispenser.
    This isn't about me and my opinions. The moment someone altered this faucet with this secondey line, the Plumbing code says its illegal because there is no back flow device on the faucet.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
      This isn't about me and my opinions. The moment someone altered this faucet with this secondey line, the Plumbing code says its illegal because there is no back flow device on the faucet.
      It is protected in the dispenser....you are really stuck on that faucet. Whatever you want to put on the faucet will NOT be better than the air gap. Anything you use can be altered, if you want to keep with the what ifs. The only thing that should never pass is the hose clamp and the piping between the faucet and dispenser.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

OK, this is starting to get silly. If it is against your local code for whatever the reason, obviously you cannot do it. If you cannot sleep at night thinking something may happen, sell the alteration. If you can talk them into making it prettier, have at it.

While I do not see others concerns (if there is protection), I do appreciate them and you throwing them out there rather than writing nothing.

AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

Ok, what I see in the linked pictures is a water line going to (x) soap dispenser. The (x) dispenser then feeds into (y) airgap that drops into (z) outlet. My concern here, to clarify what is posted above, is that there appears to be no protection between the water line and part (x). If the soap source becomes pressurized in any way, be it from heat, bacterial buildup or crushing, there is no protection to the water source. There *may* be protection behind the red cover, but it is not pictured.
          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
            Ok, what I see in the linked pictures is a water line going to (x) soap dispenser. The (x) dispenser then feeds into (y) airgap that drops into (z) outlet. My concern here, to clarify what is posted above, is that there appears to be no protection between the water line and part (x). If the soap source becomes pressurized in any way, be it from heat, bacterial buildup or crushing, there is no protection to the water source. There *may* be protection behind the red cover, but it is not pictured.
            You are correct in what you see. There is nothing extra in the other side.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

The valve that shuts off the faucet spout. If its closed and the hot and cold water valves are open and negative pressure occurs, what happens where does the chemical that is in that black hose go? It gets sucked into the water supply. The air gap at the dispenser does nothing to stop that from happening. Botom line. Its illegal, not to code, bad plumbing practice, an accident waiting to happen or whatever else you want to call it but is should not be allowed to continue in its current configuration.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                The valve that shuts off the faucet spout. If its closed and the hot and cold water valves are open and negative pressure occurs, what happens where does the chemical that is in that black hose go? It gets sucked into the water supply. The air gap at the dispenser does nothing to stop that from happening. Botom line. Its illegal, not to code, bad plumbing practice, an accident waiting to happen or whatever else you want to call it but is should not be allowed to continue in its current configuration.
                The soap goes into the hose below the air gap. The water goes above the air gap. If there were a negative it will suck air from the air gap. The soap needs water running by the bottom his to pull the soap out of the bag. You are wrong on this one thing.

If this offended you, I apologize.
                Last edited by Gettinit; 02-15-2013, 03:49 PM.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • and other specialties.

Comment

It takes more than plumbing talk to offend me
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    I may have been a bit brusque and had the question come from a homeowner, handy hack, apprentice or even a journeyman I might have been a bit less brusque but...

Date of Birth
                    March 27 About plumbertim1975

City, StateNorth Mississippi
                    Interestshunting and fishing
                    OccupationMaster Plumber
                    Years of Experience in Tradesince 1992
                    Now come on NH stop showing off again by useing your high foo looting words like brusque just use concise or candid or gruff

Tony

Comment

Working...
                    X