X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&S Brass faucet spout

Can someone help out with these parts I'm looking for.This Faucet leaks from spout connection and from tee connection to faucet. I need to replace this faucet but don't where to get these parts.
    Attached Files

Re: T&S Brass faucet spout

The first order of business is to take it apart and clean it. Replace any o-rings. Make sure to use a plumber's brush to clean out any corrosion. Reseal any threads with teflon tape. If it still leaks replace the faucet 'cuz that one is BEAT!
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I plan on replacing the faucet. The faucet doesn't come with the extra parts that I need. The extra parts are what I need help with. As in the tee, ball vale, and spout connectors. I searched T&S Brass website with no luck.

Comment

Well, I was trying not to say it... but it appears that there is a jury-rigged water line connection to a sanitizer or soap dispenser or something. a DIRECT connection with no vacuum break or back flow prevention. The reason T&S doesnt have these parts is because they are not code. There is an excellent chance of contamination of the water supply as well as whatever is being 'cleaned' in the wash basin.
        Last edited by Plumber Punky; 02-12-2013, 10:31 PM.
        ~~

Comment

Your local food equipment store should have or be able to order it for you. It is done similar to that and quite often. I would probably get them a pre-rinse faucet. It is probably needed anyhow. At this point a tee can be installed under the add a faucet and it can be used as your valve. Throw in some checks if they are not already there.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
            It is done similar to that and quite often.
            That doesnt make it right.
            ~~

Comment

The equipment it goes to is protected. I don't like the materials being used but they are able to get away with it. The hose to the dispenser doesn't belong to the businesses so I do not mess with it. What do you do?
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

The valve and tee belong to the company providing the sanitizing system, have the business owner contact them
                No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

It is an illegal cross connection. Remove all of it. You are a plumber. You should know better
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                    It is an illegal cross connection. Remove all of it. You are a plumber. You should know better
                    The voice of reason speaks

+1
                    26+6=1

Comment

Wow, that is one frankenstien of a faucet. It has T&S hot stem, and an Encore Cold stem installed. If you want to clean it up and make it some what more to code, you can try this. When you change out the faucet, remove the faucet unions from the nipples, install a 1/2" brass tee on the hot or cold side (depends on the required water tempature for the soap/saintizer) install a brass coupling on the other side, then close nipples then the faucet unions. Install a 2" long 1/2" nipple out the tee, install either a boiler drain with a vacuum breaker, or an RPZ (I install RPZ's per my code). Now you have a clean install and with the required backflow protection.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
                        The equipment it goes to is protected. I don't like the materials being used but they are able to get away with it. The hose to the dispenser doesn't belong to the businesses so I do not mess with it. What do you do?
                        I do my job, as is required by the code as well as the license I hold dear to my heart. I disconnect it until it is made right or make it right with the customer's approval. As a licensed plumber (you are, right?) there is an obligation to secure the health and sanitation of the beings using the plumbing system.

"Getting away with it" is a phrase used by hacks and people that like lawsuits. IF the owner wanted it fixed correctly - the sanitizer station usually requires hot water - tie a tee and shutoff to the hot line. Run it up the wall to an appropriate vacuum break or backflow preventer. Tie the other end of the preventer to a small manifold that feeds the sanitizer stations. Run the drain of the preventer, if applicable, to an appropriate drain. People shouldn't have to tell you this.
                        ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                          I do my job, as is required by the code as well as the license I hold dear to my heart. I disconnect it until it is made right or make it right with the customer's approval. As a licensed plumber (you are, right?) there is an obligation to secure the health and sanitation of the beings using the plumbing system.

"Getting away with it" is a phrase used by hacks and people that like lawsuits. IF the owner wanted it fixed correctly - the sanitizer station usually requires hot water - tie a tee and shutoff to the hot line. Run it up the wall to an appropriate vacuum break or backflow preventer. Tie the other end of the preventer to a small manifold that feeds the sanitizer stations. Run the drain of the preventer, if applicable, to an appropriate drain. People shouldn't have to tell you this.

Oh, good lord, lmao. Yes I am licensed. If you look in most of the dispensers they have air gaps (around here). Some that do not have an air gap should have the appropriate model number of the device being used.

As far as the hoses I don't like, they are "easily cleanable" so they let it go. I know what I am doing and I was just curious if you had to go above and beyond or just how you like doing things. If I rubbed you wrong, sorry, that wasn't my intentions. Here, Ecolab does most of them and they keep things legal. I know what I am doing.
                          Last edited by Gettinit; 02-13-2013, 03:59 PM.
                          AllurePlumbing.com
                          • leak detection
                          • drain cleaning
                          • utility locating
                          • and other specialties.

Comment

Do the dispensers in your area not have built in air gap or anything either? I thought NC was always behind the times. LOL.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • and other specialties.

Comment

Look if I knew I would not be here asking for help. Get off your freaking high horse MR. know it all.Sorry I don't know everything there is to know about plumbing. I learn something new every day. This is one reason I stopped visiting this forum. This is my first post in a long time. Guys like you make folks not want to ask for help. Have a good night!

Comment

Working...
                              X