X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veto Pro Pac

Anyone here using the Veto Pro Pac's? If so which one and how do you like it?

My tool bag (AWP) has taken a turn for the worst after 4-5 years of abuse, and it's time to upgrade to something more solid.

I've done the bucket boss, and large tools boxes, and every other gadget on the market.

Re: Veto Pro Pac

I have the Model XL and been using it for 3 years, it has been great.

I also have the OT XL but prefer the LC as it is easier to keep the tools in the correct spot,

I always put the tools back in the right spot and this makes it easier to see if any are missing.

The shoulder strap is great so that you have two free hands to carry other things or open doors.

Hope this helps

Simon
    Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 02-14-2013, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Some Day, can you post pics or a link if possible PLEASE.................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
        Some Day, can you post pics or a link if possible PLEASE.................!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I second that Pleeeeaaassseee

Tony

Comment

The link to the Veto bags that I have.

Model OT-XL | Veto Pro Pac - Toolbags That Work.

Model XL | Veto Pro Pac - Toolbags That Work.

On the Model XL bag I only use one side for tools in the pockets, on the other side I cut out all the pockets and put a battery drill, hammer and torch in that side.

Simon
          Last edited by Some Day Plumbing; 02-14-2013, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I've found online that most Plumbing or Heating professionals prefer the closed bag versus the open bag.

If I was doing strictly HVAC work or Oil Burner work, I would consider the closed bag. But I've always been partial towards the open bag look, as I would hate zippering this bag every few minutes.

Comment

I have tried dozens of tool bags over the years, some better than others but they all have a couple things in common and that is that they don't last more than a couple of years they always seem to get filled up with bits and pieces of pipe and crap at the bottom. Lately I have gone back to a wooden box with a handle on it. Kind of like an old time carpenters box. I can see everything and clean it out fast too.
              sigpic

Comment

I use a Bucketeer 44 to carry my tools but like NH I am allways cleaning it out and having to rearrange my tools all the time
                Dankel Tools for plumber, electrician & contractors tools & carriers

Tony

Comment

I also have the XL, and I love it. I like the closed better than open top. It keeps the saw dust out of it for one thing. I think you would end up with more crap in an open top over time, but thats just me I guess

The XL is money well spent imho and I think youd be happy with it.
                  26+6=1

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
                    I also have the XL, and I love it. I like the closed better than open top. It keeps the saw dust out of it for one thing. I think you would end up with more crap in an open top over time, but thats just me I guess

The XL is money well spent imho and I think youd be happy with it.
                    I went with the OT-LC as that is bigger than my last bag. I almost went with the XL but I'm glad I didn't, cause that was simply too big for my needs. As it is, this bag now is heavy as hell, and I also got the TP3 is hook on the side when I went to carry just a few tools with me.

I thought about closed bags, but I simply couldn't warm up to it as all my bags were always open.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                      I went with the OT-LC as that is bigger than my last bag. I almost went with the XL but I'm glad I didn't, cause that was simply too big for my needs. As it is, this bag now is heavy as hell, and I also got the TP3 is hook on the side when I went to carry just a few tools with me.

I thought about closed bags, but I simply couldn't warm up to it as all my bags were always open.
                      Flux, At 7.5 pounds (open bag) and 9.5 pounds empty (closed bag) these bags are heavy, even if they're well built. I'm going to empty my 5 gallon bucket with my custom copper loops to see what it weighs.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                        Flux, At 7.5 pounds (open bag) and 9.5 pounds empty (closed bag) these bags are heavy, even if they're well built. I'm going to empty my 5 gallon bucket with my custom copper loops to see what it weighs.
                        It's funny cause...when i was reading reviews on these bags, most people commented on how heavy these bags are empty. I was like "wtf are these people talking about" before I bought the bag, and now that I have it I understand.

I couldn't imagine an XL fully loaded and lugging that around on service calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          It's funny cause...when i was reading reviews on these bags, most people commented on how heavy these bags are empty. I was like "wtf are these people talking about" before I bought the bag, and now that I have it I understand.

I couldn't imagine an XL fully loaded and lugging that around on service calls.
                          Agreed.
                          Checked out XL then bought LC, open top.

Comment

I ended up going with 3 bags (All Dewalt)... The ProPac's are built great but they are to darn heavy, I have seen to many guys dragging along their overloaded bucket buddy, heck I even saw a guy put wheels on his bucket and pull it along with a rope. LOL

My bags are set up for what work I'm doing...

One bag set up for HVAC work

One bag set up for Plumbing service work.

One bag set up for rough-in / new install work

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                              My bags are set up for what work I'm doing...

One bag set up for HVAC work

One bag set up for Plumbing service work.

One bag set up for rough-in / new install work
                              I've seen guys set themselves up that way, I just know I couldn't do it. I would have tools all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                              X