X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MegaPress G for black pipe

Next week we're running our first gas line using a 330-B and Viega fittings. Warehouse with uni strut already up. One of the units we have to pass through is an antiques dealers shop full of antiques (junk). Not relishing wrenching oily pipe 20' up off a ladder (no room for a sizzler lift), I decided to try this technique. First thing Monday I'm going to check to see if the local inspector has any issues. Will report back with pictures.

Re: MegaPress G for black pipe

OOPS! I guess I should have directed this one to Pipe Joining and Fabrication.

Comment

Have you priced the job how did the press fitting compare to maluable, I'd be interested how the total price of the job reflects the savings in labour and extra cost of materials compares to the older method. Goodluck seanny.

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
        Have you priced the job how did the press fitting compare to maluable, I'd be interested how the total price of the job reflects the savings in labour and extra cost of materials compares to the older method. Goodluck seanny.
        Thanks for the encouragement. With machine rental of $50, the use of the press jaws gratis from the local Ridgid rep and minimal fitting outlay (6 90s, 3 couplings, and a tee), I'm not too worried about cost. As for labor, the difficulty in getting the pipe on the rack is the big expense with either technology, thought there will be savings in the threading and wrenching. My main concern is the precarious situation above the antiques. Quick and easy seems like the best recipe.

Comment

Working...
        X