Eternal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eternal

Fortunately I am batting 1.000 with with the Eternals so far. Customers are very impressed with the features making a sale easy AND profitable. I'll take the risk of all these terrible designs while I clear 4 times the profit of your tank install.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
      I'll take the risk of all these terrible designs while I clear 4 times the profit of your tank install.

David

This is what differentiates a good honest plumber from plumbers like you. Nothing in that above quote has any bearing on the CUSTOMER. The CUSTOMER is taking the risk of terrible designs and the CUSTOMER is paying what, imho, is excessive markup. You, apparently, are only caring of the bottom line. Remember that the CUSTOMER is what makes your company.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Nothing like seeing different opinions on an issue. Plumber punky, you are correct on 1 issue; customers are my business. 99% of my business is repeat and referral business. My little 1 man outfit has grown to 3 vans and 2 in the office trying to keep my repeat customers happy. We are fully booked next week, all 3 vans, every plumber and helper, all scheduled to service repeat customers. One of our calls next week is rebuilding a Kohler toilet that I installed 20+ years ago. That same customer is on his 3rd set of water heaters that I've installed over the years.

That's why I like the word 'assume'. If I 'assume' as you have, the make up of the word, '***' and 'me', becomes relevant. Therefore, I prefer not to assume.

Trying not to 'assume' here but with all of these tankless call backs and lost money, maybe you should review your plumbing skills and business model.....

David

Comment

Hey, bud, you're the one who put in print the cocky response about risks and profits. There was no assumption about it. "My" business model is not the same as the business model of the man I worked for. His thoughts were like yours, as you stated above. Therefore, I quit, and no longer are my customers guinea pigs for excessive profits.
          ~~

Comment

Let's turn this into a worthwhile discussion. What are your costs to install a tank or tankless heater?

Comment

I personally will not install anything in my customers house that I have any concerns about not serving its purpose for years to come. With one exception that is fixtures they supply and won't listen to my concerns. Installing something your aware of potential problems with, is not very honourable. As far as making four times on a tankless compared to a tank, I think it is you that are setting your self up for potential expenses and pissed off customers. But its your business not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
                Let's turn this into a worthwhile discussion. What are your costs to install a tank or tankless heater?
                As prices vary across the country and every business is different, how would cost comparisons contribute to a "worthwhile discussion"?

Anyway...

I can install a tanked system from a well-known name brand, to local codes, for $525. A t(h)ankless system I can do for $1700. Over half the costs are parts and materials. I don't screw my customers by cranking up the labor or by using substandard brands or materials.

All my customers are well aware that any problem that is unrelated to my parts or labor is billable. Within the first year, all labor is covered for a tanked system. For a t(h)ankless system all labor is billable.
                ~~

Comment

PlumberPunky, is the $525 the cost of your heater and materials?

David

Comment

Working...
                  X