X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water heater permit fee this morn $93.36

Depends on what it's for, I guess. Here in WNY the regulating agencies are severely fractured. The towns, cities, and counties all have their own inspection/code/enforcement arm. There is no standard of code, let alone a standard for regulatory compliance. Most inspectors hardly know their elbows from the page in the code book regarding pressure testing plastic lines. Dont get me wrong, there are some awesomely cool and knowledgeable inspectors out there, too, but one usually refuses to work with the other. Many of the counties are also a population driven system. For example, if there are fewer than X people per square mile on average, then no permits or inspections or regulations apply. Also, because the county or state may have codes and regs, the locality rules usually override all. It's an odd and crappy system sometimes.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Dallas, TX $100.00
      Frisco, TX $27.00
      McKinney, Tx $25.00
      Allen, Tx (depends on how they feel that day)
      "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

What's everyones feelings on pulling permits for water heaters?

Yay or Nay?

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post

Yay or Nay?
          New install, yes. Replacement, no. Unlicensed, yes, sell it with the hwt at the store.
          ~~

Comment

I don't mind paying the fee, but I hate dealing with the inspection. Homeowners wait all day for a 2 minute inspection, but in the State of Texas if you don't pull a permit and you get caught, you have to give the homeowner all of their money back, you get a nice little fine, and end up with your company name on the Naughty list for everyone to see. No Joke.
            Originally posted by Flux View Post

Yay or Nay?
            "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
              Incorrect. Per the City of Buffalo plumbing and permits fees schedule, you do:

Plumbing Permit Fees - City of Buffalo

The stipulations for the above fees (HWTs specifically mentioned):

When A Permit Is Not Required - City of Buffalo

While I can understand the need for fire safety and such, there is also a time when the fees and permits become too restrictive. IMO, new installs should need a permit, existing/replacements should not. Unlicensed installers should always have to apply for permits and inspections.
              Homeowners and appropriately licensed Handymen and Plumbing Contractors may make such plumbing Replacements in-kind, consistent with the definition of "Replacement in-kind", or Installations without applying for and obtaining a Plumbing Permit and paying Plumbing Permit fees.

Maintenance Personnel and appropriately licensed Handymen, Plumbing Contractors, and Construction Managers may make such plumbing Replacements in-kind, consistent with the definition of "Replacement in-kind", or Installations without applying for and obtaining a Plumbing Permit and paying Plumbing Permit fees.

Comment

I say Yes ,for inspection for New, and Replacement. We're dealing with Gas connection .EarthQuake straps, T+P valve, chimney. threat of carbon Monoxide poisoning .
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloPlumber View Post
                  Homeowners and appropriately licensed Handymen and Plumbing Contractors may make such plumbing Replacements in-kind, consistent with the definition of "Replacement in-kind", or Installations without applying for and obtaining a Plumbing Permit and paying Plumbing Permit fees.

Maintenance Personnel and appropriately licensed Handymen, Plumbing Contractors, and Construction Managers may make such plumbing Replacements in-kind, consistent with the definition of "Replacement in-kind", or Installations without applying for and obtaining a Plumbing Permit and paying Plumbing Permit fees.

What about these one-liners from the same pages:

The repair of any existing plumbing fixture, excluding Hot Water Tanks

The replacement in-kind of any existing plumbing fixture, excluding Hot Water Tanks
                  Cleaning type of service work on HWTs is the only thing that does not require a permit.
                  ~~

Comment

Lee county FL New construction yes, replacement no. Charlotte county, yes and yes $90.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      It's not about the Law ! " We have SMOKING HOT LADIES AT THE BUILDING DEPT. "
                      The high maintenance variety apparently.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X