Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water heater permit fee this morn $93.36

What's the freight in Your hood ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Water heater permit fee this morn $93.36

$25 for a water heater permit here

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    What's the freight in Your hood ?
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its $15 here, at least it was the last time I had to replace one. I know CA has a high COL but almost a $100. !!
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

what's a permit? No really here you don't pull them unless your changing energy sources....then its $35.00...
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
          what's a permit? No really here you don't pull them unless your changing energy sources....then its $35.00...
          It's not about the Law ! " We have SMOKING HOT LADIES AT THE BUILDING DEPT. "
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

$0.00

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              It's not about the Law ! " We have SMOKING HOT LADIES AT THE BUILDING DEPT. "
              They better be for that.........Oops family forum, never mind!
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

86 here. Just saw they have something for contractors to do self inspections...still waiting on reply to see how that process works.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

From the City Local Law Reference:

"Female employees of the building department, or motor vehicles, shall not be considered for employment unless the minimum weight requirement of 350 pounds at time of employment is achieved.
                  In lieu of the above, a minumum ugliness threshold can be used."

you can now list 20 small jobs per month on one form for a fee of $100/month

Comment

no permits are required here for water heater or furnace replacements.
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

No permits are required here as well.

Comment

$116 in San Diego. There has been a massive permit fee hike in the last few years. Regardless of the kind of no plan permits there is now a base fee of about $60 before adding the kinds of items being inspected.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloPlumber View Post
                          No permits are required here as well.
                          Incorrect. Per the City of Buffalo plumbing and permits fees schedule, you do:

Plumbing Permit Fees - City of Buffalo

The stipulations for the above fees (HWTs specifically mentioned):

When A Permit Is Not Required - City of Buffalo

While I can understand the need for fire safety and such, there is also a time when the fees and permits become too restrictive. IMO, new installs should need a permit, existing/replacements should not. Unlicensed installers should always have to apply for permits and inspections.
                          ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I see two countys In N.Y. with No Inspection ,Do You think that's right ?

Comment

It varies here in metro Atlanta. The city of Atlanta is the worst, $200 minimum permit fee, no matter what you're permitting. No partial inspections, mandatory reinspection fees, again $200. Closer to home in the 'burbs it's $40 and up.

David

Comment

Working...
                              X