No announcement yet.

I just can't stay away from plumbing !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just can't stay away from plumbing !

Doing an earth quake bolt down. Drilled through 3/8" copper Hydronic line ! Oh well, at Least I have this skill N tools.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: I just can't stay away from plumbing !

allow me to be the first outsider to say, "nice job, slick!"

we all do it, it'll turn out fine

reminds me of the time my dad was using the electric chain saw inside the house (dont ask) to remove some flooring...we can get just a "little closer" to this water line...

yes, the line was not turned off...
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

would a thermal imaging camera have helped to easily locate the lines in the slab?

of course a pipe locator would assist, but not as fast as a camera.

rick.

josh, you listening i hope.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        would a thermal imaging camera have helped to easily locate the lines in the slab?

of course a pipe locator would assist, but not as fast as a camera.

rick.

josh, you listening i hope.
        I usually crank up the boiler for an hour, then use My Raytec Lazer temp Gun. It shows a 15 degree difference on each copper line. I was so close to the outside , I never thought I'd hit a line!
        In Your opinion should I eat the repair ? Thanks tool
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

yes, unless you wrote a disclaimer about buried utilities. especially if you were aware of the potential since it's in your hood.

pretty simple fix and your customer will be very happy you fixed it with no extras.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            I usually crank up the boiler for an hour, then use My Raytec Lazer temp Gun. It shows a 15 degree difference on each copper line. I was so close to the outside , I never thought I'd hit a line!
            In Your opinion should I eat the repair ? Thanks tool
            Since you usually do, but didn't, and hit the line, you need to eat the repair costs. It's the fair thing to do.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Thanks I'll do the right thing and eat it. Not to mention He's a fellow Marine !

Comment

All fixed, He's Happy

Comment

Working...
                X