Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marketing/advertising What are you doing?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing/advertising What are you doing?

Hello plumbing gods,

I saw a lot of you guys responses in a previous post by Ace Sewer "one man show.." you guys talked about being busy and taking vacation, while customers wait. but I ask what are you guys doing to stay so busy. How are you attracting customers to keep a consitent flow. I know some of you guys have been out here for years like Flux, Plumber Rick, Delcase and others so word a mouth comes with time. But are you guys who have been out there for a while still advertising? I have been using lead services and online advertising, its going well. But I always want to do more. What do you guys think?
    Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
    crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Re: Marketing/advertising What are you doing?

Not sure about the rest of the country, but in South Eastern Pennsylvania, it's DEAD work wise. This is the worst my pop has seen in 40 years, and this is the first week of 2013 in where I almost had a busy "full" week.

My competition from what I've seen are doubled up in the trucks, and 1 long time shop in our area, is thinking about closing shop after 60 years.

IMO..it doesn't matter how much advertising you do, if people are scared to spend money right now...they will not do it unless they absolutely have too. We just renewed our yellowbook ad, and you know things are bad when they give away a larger ad space away for free.

We are mostly word of mouth,then internet, then yellowbook.

Comment

Whoa Flux, I hate to hear that. The worst in 40 years? But if you let the news tell it, people are back spending money and the economy is thriving. (Bullocks) It seems to be like that in some areas where the big guys are loading up and the small guys are closing up. We have tried a couple of things so far like web ads, and lead services. So far so good, we will see how it goes. I haven't in the game long enough to know what works.We can just bet on some customers getting their tax refunds and spend a little.I honestly just hope it was just slow and things will turn around for you though. I wish you and your father the best.I appreciate the response Flux, A true professional you are.
      Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
      crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
        Not sure about the rest of the country, but in South Eastern Pennsylvania, it's DEAD work wise. This is the worst my pop has seen in 40 years, and this is the first week of 2013 in where I almost had a busy "full" week.

My competition from what I've seen are doubled up in the trucks, and 1 long time shop in our area, is thinking about closing shop after 60 years.

IMO..it doesn't matter how much advertising you do, if people are scared to spend money right now...they will not do it unless they absolutely have too. We just renewed our yellowbook ad, and you know things are bad when they give away a larger ad space away for free.

We are mostly word of mouth,then internet, then yellowbook.
        Its refreshing to hear someone telling the truth Flux about your ecoonomy and how it really is reading the majority of plumbers on this forum you would think it is boom times and not hard times
        The only way to build a successful business any business is through word of mouth advertising is pot luck and a con as their is always someone out there that will shout louder and pay more than you can but will be found out sooner or later to be a con artist and you will be still slugging away not getting rich but being able to pay your bills and that is the most important thing to remember your still in business

Tony

Comment

Working...
        X