X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urinal Augers

for those who pull wall hung urinals and then snake them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,that is the easy part of the job,,,,,,,the fun really begins when you have to re-set them and have no leaks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,waste and water,,,,,,,,,,,,,when you are a residential plumber you dont always remember to stock those parts on your truck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,example 2'' urinal gasket,,,,,,ben told u can use putty or wax,,,,,,not shure about that one.,,,,,i did use a toilet tank to bowl gasket ,,,once and it did work,,,,,,the flush valve connection can be a pita without new gaskets,,,,,but a couple raps of teflon tape you can get u out of a jam,,,,,

Comment

Cheesehead. A tank to bowl gasket is pretty standard for the urinal seal. Though on a good solid flange putty works fantastic
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I tried a general urinal auger. Never could get it to work. The bulb auger does not do too much on the hardened build up. I pull the urinal and clean it with calci solv. Then snake the line with a 3/8ths cable with a cutter.

Comment

why pull the urinal when using calci solv.,,,,,,or do you pull them when the calci solv fails,,,,

Comment

Calci solv doesent fail, I think they use it for the urinal and then cable the drain.

Comment

I use the General Urinal Auger. Last only a few jobs, kinks easy, but it does what it is suppose to do.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I call my friend Tony and have him take care of it. I don't ask how, just how much.

Comment

Hope Ridgid isn't wasting R & D time on "improving" the urinal auger.

What we really want is a cordless version of the K-45, or similar.

The battery technology has evolved. Just need to adapt a drill motor to the task.

The key will be making it brakeless, so the drum can spin down when you let off the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post

The battery technology has evolved. Just need to adapt a drill motor to the task.

The key will be making it brakeless, so the drum can spin down when you let off the trigger.

Agreed that be sweet.... Or a cordless toilet auger...that would be sweet....

Comment

I`m looking at this thread and trying to imagine what the hell is a urinal auger and then go to goggle its a glorified toilet auger and a load of crap as I bought a ridgid toilet auger many years ago used it once and hung it my garage where all my failed tools are where they are collecting dust and I can sell them off to some unsuspecting moron in the years to come

Tony

Comment

Toilet augers a must in the truck.. who wants to pull the toilet everytime.. all though they can be a pain in the ***.

Comment

Please check your Private Messages. Thanks! Josh

Comment

Originally posted by cheesehead plumber View Post
                            why pull the urinal when using calci solv.,,,,,,or do you pull them when the calci solv fails,,,,
                            I try to clean the pipe so I don't get called back for awhile. So instead of snaking through the urinal which restricts the size of snake I pull the urinal and go directly into the drain.

Comment

I use the General extendable urinal auger. It takes a little practice to get it to work. Their extend button is hard to use half the time you end up pulling out some of the cable from the drain, then when you extend it the tube the handle is attached to is out of the guide tube making it a bit more tricky to work. So I would make the inner tube a little longer even though it means when seated into the outer guide tube it will stick out an inch or so.

BTW I have two on my truck one for urinals the other for bar drains that drain to a floor sink. It works awesome for those short runs.
                              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post

Geez, I could get by with a Power spin equipped with the lockable auto feed of the kwik spin.

Comment

Working...
                                X