Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Urinal Augers

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
    Hope Ridgid isn't wasting R & D time on "improving" the urinal auger.

What we really want is a cordless version of the K-45, or similar.

The battery technology has evolved. Just need to adapt a drill motor to the task.

The key will be making it brakeless, so the drum can spin down when you let off the trigger.
    Ridgid sort of has a battery type pistol rodder, but better. It's the K40-B it has the K45 drum with a motor that provides enough rpm and torque to get the lines open. It uses the same batteries as the older model propress system, which works for me since I own a RP100.

And to those that say there is no place for an urinal auger, let me say this. The urinal auger is not intended to rod out the 2" drain line. It's to clear the blockage in a urinal up to the urinal flange. If the blockage is further down the line you pull the urinal. I do both, I ensure the trap is clean, and pull the urinal and power rod the 2" line.

Do you guys rod the building drain with your toilet bowl auger?
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Ridgid sort of has a battery type pistol rodder, but better. It's the K40-B it has the K45 drum with a motor that provides enough rpm and torque to get the lines open. It uses the same batteries as the older model propress system, which works for me since I own a RP100.

And to those that say there is no place for an urinal auger, let me say this. The urinal auger is not intended to rod out the 2" drain line. It's to clear the blockage in a urinal up to the urinal flange. If the blockage is further down the line you pull the urinal. I do both, I ensure the trap is clean, and pull the urinal and power rod the 2" line.

I do like Ron said except I use a pistol rodder for the urinal, If I can't get it I will clean it with Calci-Solve and then rod the 2".

Comment

They changed the traps on the wall hung urinals here and it is near impossible to get cable through. When you do it stuffs the porcelain in the bottom of the trap. So to does chem-dosing/cleaning. What I would "love to see" is a small hose for our electric jetters which can glide through. don't care that we would need to spend a little more time working it slowly to clean but at least we could get a good clean. Just thinking out loud and hoping Aussie Bill is listening instead of expanding the family again

Comment

I saw the Ridgid Urinal Auger at the Road Show in Addison. It looks like it may work, having a C- cutter, and is defiantly better built than the General. The cable is a little thicker too, just not sure how well it will work. Maybe I will give it a try down the road.

Comment

LOL. Only if the stoppage is within 6 ft.

Comment

The ridgid urinal auger also works great on kitchen dirty arms, and shower traps. Trying to find an older urinal that they will work on is pretty difficult. been a big push and rebates on waterless.

had an interesting job the other day. The bolted down floor mounted urinals are 4" and they ruffed in identical to a wc. They removed 1 of the 4 and added a wc to the public bathroom. The building dates back to 1954 as we found an original newspaper used as stuffing for the rat packing between the floor. Still had the crossword puzzle In tack. We gave it to the building engineer for historic preservation. Very cool.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Are these available yet? Just googled and dont see them online. I use the general urinal auger but will definitely try one of these.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

I saw the Ridgid Urinal Auger at the Road Show in Addison. It looks like it may work, having a C- cutter, and is defiantly better built than the General. The cable is a little thicker too, just not sure how well it will work. Maybe I will give it a try down the road.

Interesting, have a link to any pictures ?

Comment

Nothing new under the sun, as a wise man once said.

Comment

Definitely looks to be better built than the General urinal auger. I'm having doubts about it navigating most urinal traps...

Comment

Sorry no pictures, The Road Show was still setting up when I was there, I had to pick up my fittings and get back on the road right away. So I didn't get to enjoy the show or get to look at anything up close. Maybe one day I get one of these and put it to good use.

As for now I keep using my general auger till it breaks or gets worn out. I do have two on the truck, one for urinals the other for doing bar sinks that drain to an indirect drain.

Comment

Working...
                        X