• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urinal Augers

Who uses em?
    What brand?
    What would you change?
    Do they actually work?
    How do you handle a clogged urinal without one?

Thanks, Josh

Re: Urinal Augers

" WHO USES THEM ? " I'm in SF " Ya never Know !! "
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I bought the General urinal auger and twisted sister'd it (not very hard to do) the first time I used it. I bought a new cable for it and now use it a few times a year for things other than urinals.

I also like to run the full line which the auger won't do.

I run my K-45AF on most urinals.
      Last edited by AssTyme; 03-15-2013, 10:09 AM.

Comment

General makes that little toy urinal auger.

I can do the same thing with a 2' section of cable in my cordless drill.

Out here most urinals are going waterless. Lots of tax and water co. Rebates. Time will tell how they hold out.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          Who uses em? no, just found not to work
          What brand? was using the general
          What would you change? it had a bulb end....make an end like a clog chopper....
          Do they actually work? Not the one I used
          How do you handle a clogged urinal without one? Pull the urinal and use a k50 with a 4 bladed cutter.

Thanks, Josh
          If possible make it open wind like the sectional cable so it doesn't hold in the smell. Heck....put the 5/8 sectional cable on an auger. Lose the tight wind end. Just cut it straight off...no end sticking out.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I was given a Marco urinal auger at a trade show twenty years ago or so. One that worked would be useful, I think I finally threw theirs away. There is a lot to be said about the stability that is added with the shoe of a closet auger.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I've used the General auger that was finicky and very easy to kink. I usually use my K45 AF.

I think that a urinal auger with a replaceable cable would be neat just in case you kinked the cable. Make the replaceable back end kinda like the push button on the extension augers. That way if you if you twisted one up, you could just replace the cable.

Comment

I've never owned a urinal auger in my career.

Comment

Yea, I bought the General urinal auger like everyone else and ruined the cable first or second stoppage. I was pulling urinals but thats a PITA.

Chemicals are my first choice now provided there's enough proper ventilation (some can be deadly) or I go in with the K-40 and a rubber hose to protect the china.

Some neglected ones you have to pull off the wall and grind it out with the 5/8" cutter head.

Comment

Used the general and did not like it. like others have stated, I prefer to run the full line out. Have resorted to chemicals for the urinal and flush it well after the line is cleared and the urinal is reset. If it is a floor mount it is not a problem to cable.

Comment

don't use them as I too have been unable to make them work. I jet urinals. most are possible to jet thru the trap and into the line with the same electric jet I use for many things. Ones I can't get through I pop off the wall and then jet. I wish the old school ones with the exposed tubular traps hadn't gone out of style.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                        don't use them as I too have been unable to make them work. I jet urinals. most are possible to jet thru the trap and into the line with the same electric jet I use for many things. Ones I can't get through I pop off the wall and then jet. I wish the old school ones with the exposed tubular traps hadn't gone out of style.
                        i miss the old school traps on urinals,,,,,,,i cant remember ever remember getting an auger or electric snake through a wall hung urinal,,,,floor outlet urinals ,the k-50 with no cutter head works great

Comment

The general urinal augers are disposable. One or two uses at best. They work pretty well for pulling hair out of a waste and overflow.
                          I usually just used my k45

What I'd like to see is more like a 3/8's cable with just a narrow bulb head.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I like my general urinal auger for getting the flow going. But, the cable is very easy to kink.
                            I try never to pull the urinal as I have chipped them in the past.
                            I prefer to use chemicals,Allow to stand over night and cable them the next day.

Comment

Some urinals are impossible to snake.

I use the K-40 on those that aren't.

My chemical of choice is Calci-Solve.

Comment

Working...
                              X