X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard to make money?

So drove out north today small community about an hour away. Homeowner tried doing GIS own finishing and didn't take any of my advice so I fixed his leaky sinks leaky faucets and leaking cast iron tub, drove another twenty min threw in a couple frost free hosebibs. Went to next job replace toilet and repair leaking pressure tank. Go to replace compression stop. Thats right tight, to the new cedar Wayne's scotting take nut off to find oakum, no pharoah the realise it was soldered on and the nut was done up so go to grab my btank, then the fun starts pull on my Lenox btank was stuck on a roll of wirsbo and bang the brass that connects the regulator to the tank snaps off and breaks doesn't look fixable ...fkuc dammit.... There goes any profit for today... So any reccomendations what you guys are running as far as btank set ups.. guessing your all using turbo torchs?
    Last edited by seanny deep; 03-20-2013, 07:46 PM.

Re: hard to make money?

Put the B tank in the shop and went with the smaller size ...Running a Goss Hand piece

Comment

Yah i got a small lenox mapp gas torch, it does most stuff but i like my b tank... Still run into lots og copper dwv and prefer b tank, but the mapp torch does most og my small stuff just fine. Thanks.

Comment

Lenox mobile torch. Have an extra if you want it.

Comment

Take your regulator of your tank while transporting it, then only put it on and take it off at the jobsite....

Problem solved

Comment

Every time I break out my B tank, I get tired of lugging it around, and swear it's time for something smaller. I actually carry 2 B tanks on my truck.

Comment

After some research I think I can just get a new reg and adaptor mind you with my propress the btank doesn't get as much use but I like it regardless.

Comment

I'm using probably a 75 year old Presto-lite
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  Every time I break out my B tank, I get tired of lugging it around, and swear it's time for something smaller. I actually carry 2 B tanks on my truck.
                  When I was running my shop in L.A. I used two wheel welding carts to carry my b tanks on along with a 15lb CO
                  Fire Extinguishers that way my jman could not complain about lugging around those tanks,
                  But they also used the small mapp torch's as well, also because of running out of gas at 5m on a Fri
                  my partner and me added a second tank so as soon as one was empty it would be left at the shop for
                  a refill so the guys always had plenty of gas for big jobs or complete house repipes

Last edited by JERRYMAC; 03-24-2013, 01:11 PM.
                  JERRYMAC
                  E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                  CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                  FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                  SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
                    After some research I think I can just get a new reg and adaptor mind you with my propress the btank doesn't get as much use but I like it regardless.
                    I am glad to see another die hard for using the B bottles. If you have to but a new regulator, forget using the adapter and just buy a regulator that fits the B bottle valve. I use the B bottle and I don't need an adapter....

The next size smaller bottle is a MC size but, that has a different valve than the B...

Comment

I carry two B tanks on my truck. When one runs out I start up the other tank, and the next day I swap out the empty for a full one.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                      X