X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey ,country boys , need your wisdom

Have a shallow well to drill n install. 35 Years ago I did 7 back east. 2" drive point with button holes N brass screen.

Where do You buy all your Hardware, Please. Back then Sears stocked it all . Tanks tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Hey ,country boys , need your wisdom

We dont use many well points around here any more. Our local LA Hazard's/Irr supply had them. Last one I saw was well over 10 years ago. I guess they were phased out here because people were installing them in their cellars. We have a well driller here with a retail store. Your drillers may sell to you directly too.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

It's a shallow well for Irrigation only. No cross contamination , Not hooked to home water. Will have a concrete seal .ect.
      Will use My BORZIT, 4-6 inch PVC with stand pipe and foot valve.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have a local hard ware store i can buy most of that stuff,

but I have bought a lot from a company in Denver, Submersible water pumps, Sump and Sewage Pumps, Windmills and Hand Pumps, Monitoring Supplies. they have treated me well, I have bought drop pipe, fiberglass sucker rods, cylinders, leathers, well seals, jet pumps, and some other, (there not nessarly the cheapest but they are a one stop shop),

one can buy some on amazon,

and usually if you know what your looking for one can do a google or bing search and find it,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Tool, how deep do you think? What type of soil is it?

My jetter with current pipe boring set can go 50'. 4"would be much simpler than 6".

I can jet and then insert the pvc sleeve as we progress. Pump out the slurry too.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            Tool, how deep do you think? What type of soil is it?

My jetter with current pipe boring set can go 50'. 4"would be much simpler than 6".

I can jet and then insert the pvc sleeve as we progress. Pump out the slurry too.

Rick.
            That's a great Idea Rick. My pressure washer set up doesn't have Much poop,though. Shallow wells , won't pump over 27 FT' But Ill Probably go to 30ft. or so. Go to the BORZIT site and You'll see some Video of some well drilling.

Comment

Tool, 30' in the right soil is pretty easy. Especially with hdpe that can take the blows of a sledge hammer.

Start off with 10 or 20' section and jet from the inside and outside if needed.

What's the soil condition?

I do 4" from curb face under sidewalk in a matter of minutes.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Tool, I believe that tractor supply sells all that stuff. A jetter wil work right up till you run into a big rock. We did a couple using the jetter but had to drill in about a dozen places before we managed to get past big rocks.
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rick, I will be meeting the customer this afternoon for the !st time to look site over.Will find out any septic info, there's and neighbors. Was 100 ft. Mim. back east. It's rural so will try to find info on any neighbors wells. A great Lil basic
                  Book for Bout $12.00 is Waterhole A guide to digging Your own well by Bob Mellin . His smilingPicture is on the back .
                  He could be Your Twin, Handsome Lad !

Comment

Working...
                  X