X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day yesterday, sewer monkeys included

New Moen single handle shower valve . Fiberglass shower stall. It wasn't EZ . Enlarged hole some with My rot0 Zip,
    But still small enough for new plate to overlap well. Sawed 1/2" copper shower riser, Hot N cold , Just enough!
    Sprayed cavity with Kool Gel. cleaned up and sweated in new valve. I felt like a surgeon working in an Impossible spot. I know the plumbers in My area would have Left a big hole , for others to deal with. Billed them $470.00 parts N labor. Done this before. No, wouldn't rebuild old valve, very old. Folks Happy no scars or holes. 1 block away from My house. Job #2, Chasing SEWER MONKEYS AGAIN ! Next door .wonderful Young family ,2 girls 4 and 6 years. Last Year Main line blockage. Outside clean out. Girls Watch Me rod Lateral. I tell them We have to chase the Sewer Monkeys down the street! And as luck had it I bring back roots ! I say " LOOK GIRLS, I CAUGHT THEIR TAILS! "
    So Yesterday Morn their house was backed up. The Lill one says Mom We need Kevin to chase those monkeys away again! Sure enough They were at My side , soft blockage No tails! My dad always told us these crazy stories.
    I'm sure He's smiling in Heaven.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: My day yesterday, sewer monkeys included

photos kevin.

my little helpers are in college and some even married now. still recruiting new helpers. phoebe is my #1 helper now.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      photos kevin.

my little helpers are in college and some even married now. still recruiting new helpers. phoebe is my #1 helper now.

rick.
      I will ask the Parents. and stop by the Moen house.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

LOL. I like this story tool. I had one of those days while working on exactly a moen single shower. It was the same exact situation. And you hit the number one secret tool. That Kool Gel. Its a life saver in those type of situations. And you know what, Good Plumbers are like surgeons. WE just don't get paid like them. go figure. Thanks for the story.
        Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
        crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

Working...
        X