Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plumbing Gurus - Pull Out Your Old Pump Books!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plumbing Gurus - Pull Out Your Old Pump Books!

Bonding to the case is required under the NEC everywhere.
    Yep, you pay more for a Goulds and IMO, you get more too although Grundfos makes fine pumps also
    I never use a safety rope regardless of the well depth because 90% of the time it breaks and falls into the case jamming the pump when you pull it up.
    A torque arrestor is required under our state code but I always prefer not to use one because in truth, they don't arrest Jack and its another thing to hang up if you have to pull the pump.
    Stand-off I always use within the 1st 30' of the pump to keep the wires from chafing against the case
    I also always replace the wires regardless of the "test" because they lose conductivity over time down the hole.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Plumbing Gurus - Pull Out Your Old Pump Books!

Bonding to the case is required under the NEC everywhere.
      Yep, you pay more for a Goulds and IMO, you get more too although Grundfos makes fine pumps also
      I never use a safety rope regardless of the well depth because 90% of the time it breaks and falls into the case jamming the pump when you pull it up.
      A torque arrestor is required under our state code but I always prefer not to use one because in truth, they don't arrest Jack and its another thing to hang up if you have to pull the pump.
      Stand-off I always use within the 1st 30' of the pump to keep the wires from chafing against the case
      I also always replace the wires regardless of the "test" because they lose conductivity over time down the hole.
      I fully agree with all that except I have never used a stand off. We tape the wires from the top of the pump to above the splice, then every 20/21 feet at the joints. Getting pumps out with a blob of rope, cable or the sub wire jammed on top of it is next to impossible. Besides, if the pump is hung on SCH 80, 160 lb poly or Galvanized. Those three are stronger than any 1/4" rope would be.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
      X