X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be funny but...

This video might be funny but this is how folks die....

Re: Might be funny but...

OMG !!! what a MORON !!!

I had to see that to believe it ...

Comment

I see zero humor in that but a whole bunch of stupid.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I am trying to figure out his purpose in making the video?????

Comment

I re posted this now Homeland security wants to talk to me :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
            I am trying to figure out his purpose in making the video?????

Someone thought it was funny... I watched it and all I could think of was "What if that was weed killer"

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Someone thought it was funny... I watched it and all I could think of was "What if that was weed killer"
              And who said terrorism was difficult. This guys is why we as professionals know how to stop this from happening. So we aren't really important are we????????????

Comment

Where do you think the water was going?

It could be a total setup. That is, behind the scenes you don't know for sure where the water is going or how it is being pulled out of the cup.
                The hot water side of that faucet might be connected to a pump or some other means to draw the water out, doesn't have to be backsiphonage
                that is drawing the water (or whatever) into the domestic water system. The video was made to get as many hits on YT as possible is my guess.
                The more sensational or provocative it is the more people will pass it around and the more views it will get.

Or, it could be 100% real. But with no audio explanation or reference to a print or tv news story its difficult to take at face value alone, at least for me.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

All he did was shut off his water heater and start draining it.

I've seen a water heater colaspe from draining the system when the heater was on the roof of a 4 story building and they drained the system at ground level. Heaters have factory pressure temperature relief valves, but they don't come with vacuum relief valves.

Of course in reality, only a modern pull out faucet requires anti siphon technology. Not a swing spout 1" above the overflow level.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Clearly only licensed plumbers should be allowed to get water from a faucet.

Comment

rolf, you had me rofling with that response.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I might be dum or a couple of bricks short of a load but I don`t get it taps which are under pressure from either hot or cold water don`t siphone taps are designed to flow in one direction as the jumper valve and washer would seat itself preventing any water siphoning back through the tap into the supply pipe so all I can think of is this utube is a set up

Tony

Comment

"jumper valve" we don't have those here ... only on pull outs ,,,even then they get removed or drilled because of customer bitching about low pressure ...

Comment

I am trying to determine his objective to make the video. I don't know why people make such video to get likes on you tube.

Comment

Originally posted by victor123 View Post
                              I am trying to determine his objective to make the video. I don't know why people make such video to get likes on you tube.
                              Some would call them "attention whores".

I'm to nice for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X