X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Thankyou Hack Day

I would like to propose that we set aside a special day once a year for all of us Professional Master Plumbers to say thankyou to the hacks. Lets face it, without them out there doing shoddy work many of us would be suffering lack of work.
    Now I understand that there are some of our brothers who are members of the Hack Club, which is unfortunate to say the least, but it all goes to our advantage. So stand-up Pros and say thankyou.

Re: International Thankyou Hack Day

I`d like to second that motion and there should be an award for the best hack photos entered and a score of one to ten and Ridgid should supply the gong to the winner and the winner should be outed so all will know his or her and where they live thank God this is an American forum and thousand of k`s from Australia

Tony

Comment

Tony and I have got many examples which to our embarrassment are supposed to be professional plumbers mind you. Unbelievable how ruthless some are. But as for the HACKS, keep going guys and gals I am still paying school fees and I need to prop up the retirement policy too....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would strongly support that IF you include all the trades. I just spent 6 days fixing hack work in a house my daughter just bought. My son in laws boyhood friend (a master plumber) only had to spend two days. Hacks don't care whose trade they hack!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          I would strongly support that IF you include all the trades. I just spent 6 days fixing hack work in a house my daughter just bought. My son in laws boyhood friend (a master plumber) only had to spend two days. Hacks don't care whose trade they hack!
          No truer words have been spoken.

It's good that your daughter has family to educate her and help make the corrections. Many people don't have that, they go on living in some messed up places year after year. I see things that make me wonder why this house didn't burn down or fall down 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
            ABSOLUTELY.....!!!!!

Over here we have what we call the "BIG GREEN SHED" and "MASTERS". Now I haven't been into Masters but I know the BGS prides itself on educating the Handyman Hacks on all trades. They don't care because they are supplying the goods for sale nand get the money either way. Thing that gets us is we have to tell the Client we have to pull it all apart and start over. Not everyone has a bottomless pit of cash but I must say the kids education is looking alright for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
              Not everyone has a bottomless pit of cash...
              This is think the root of the problem for hackery. Customers save what they think is 'just enough' to get the job done, only to find out it's not nearly enough. Then they hire the hack. After that, when it all is falling apart like the pile it is, they hire us. Which of course costs more because there is more labor, etc etc.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Thank you, today, to Mr. Hacktard who installed a 19 gallon 120 volt electric hot water tank. Thank you for wiring it to the original 240 volt supply, too. It heated water wicked fast for just under 2 years...
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I wanted to take a photo but ... Someone shoved a peice of 3' cast Iron at an angle into the hub of a 4" PVC fitting and packed the joint with concrete ... Fast Forward i have been on the Job with a Jack hammer things are righted and concrete will be restored the first of the week ... Thank U Hack ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                    ABSOLUTELY.....!!!!!

Over here we have what we call the "BIG GREEN SHED" and "MASTERS". Now I haven't been into Masters but I know the BGS prides itself on educating the Handyman Hacks on all trades. They don't care because they are supplying the goods for sale nand get the money either way. Thing that gets us is we have to tell the Client we have to pull it all apart and start over. Not everyone has a bottomless pit of cash but I must say the kids education is looking alright for now.
                    But I like the BIG GREEN SHED (Bunnings) its become my favorite tool store with nearly everything made in China and just think I might get a part time job there in retirement and tell the hacks how to do plumbing and we could have a tag team match where I tell them how to do the job and you go and fix ti when they stuff it up what do you think

Tony

Comment

You could also Rat them out for un permitted work ...

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      But I like the BIG GREEN SHED (Bunnings) its become my favorite tool store with nearly everything made in China and just think I might get a part time job there in retirement and tell the hacks how to do plumbing and we could have a tag team match where I tell them how to do the job and you go and fix ti when they stuff it up what do you think

Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X