X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Banks and Plumbing Businesses

"Everyone has valid points. You just have to do what works best for your needs."

Very true! I find I can carry pretty much everything I need in one van except for water heaters (can only take one at a time) so I don't carry one with me. The van looks very nice and clean and professional with our logo etc. Just put a new weatherguard rack on it. The red tabs match my logo etc. which is blue and red. I'm pretty sure I'll be driving this one for at least another five years so over 10 years for one vehicle isn't bad. And most of those years won't have a payment. I like saving and having cash on hand. We just put down over 50% on a new home last month, my payment, taxes and insurance are less than your truck payment. Just sayin, I agree with you that you have to do what works for you. Would like to see some pictures of your new rig, I've never owned a work truck that big or that expensive.

Comment

When I get everything all set up I will be posting pics here. It'll be a while yet, it just arrived in the states from Germany.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

The truck is here.....wheeeeeee. The dealership is installing the ladder rack, removing logos, and installing a DOT mandatory rearview camera (the other option was the crappy mirror that sticks off the side on the rear roof line).

Also arrived - the new magnesium 750 lb load rated appliance dolly, the a/c scale, misc pieces-parts to install inside the truck to hold tools and tanks. The Ridgid 1500SPA will arrive on the 26th.
        ~~

Comment

Let's see some pics.

Comment

i'll have the truck in the driveway in about a week. i'll post pics then
            ~~

Comment

OK, so it's longer than a week.

Here's the truck and some miscellaneous pictures (click for bigger images):

Daytiime view - opening door

Click image for larger version

Name:	2665fa338b74c135cf93d9195a2a9334.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	239.7 KB
ID:	17793

Rear doors and ladder rack - right panel open for future corporate logos. An elevator bolt was used to prevent the ladder from banging into the magnet panel. It also makes the door stick to it as it should. (aluminum ladder)

Name:	d049626eb5f4d9b24043619fee59b324.jpg
Size:	234.0 KB
ID:	17794

Nighttime view - reflective vinyl

Name:	271ed5d38c00e0f960982373e4cdd4fd.jpg
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	17795

Rear view of interior - no wrench hangers yet

Name:	8a2c286a38579bb9a4d819c310c888ec.jpg
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	17799

Side view -a urinal bracket hangs the small ladder. A small panel prevents the extendable ladder from smashing the glass bulkhead window.

Name:	102803da4a5add2be4be5c67892ce9b0.jpg
Size:	404.2 KB
ID:	17796

Interior view - the bungee cord attaches into the sides of the 2x3 so there is nothing sticking out that can get caught.

Name:	85c1c9b67915586609c9b950f3ee7d62.jpg
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	17797

Custom hanger racks $13 each. Holds up to 100 lb per hook. Mike / Cuttingedgemetals.com

Name:	ad3781a5fe4ddc8ed74e86f05d21678c.jpg
Size:	319.6 KB
ID:	17798

Everything is tied to the other parts and bolted with 3/8 hardware. More expensive lock nuts were used rather than lock washers. I prefabbed the mounting hardware to hold the side panels and side beams myself.
              Last edited by Plumber Punky; 09-09-2013, 12:30 PM.
              ~~

Comment

You will get tired of hearing those pipe wrenchs banging around:-)

I would also put retaining straps or bars on every shelf to keep stuff from jumping off (It will).

Now go earn some money with that pretty thing and show us pics when it is demolished inside ( it will get trashed:-)

Comment

That sucker sure is tall

Where you keepin' all the drain/sewer equipment ?

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                    You will get tired of hearing those pipe wrenchs banging around:-)

I would also put retaining straps or bars on every shelf to keep stuff from jumping off (It will).

Now go earn some money with that pretty thing and show us pics when it is demolished inside ( it will get trashed:-)
                    Funny you mention the banging noises. As of yesterday they have an adjustable tarp bungee holding them down. It made more noise when turns were made than stopping or starting. The bungee is just enough to keep them in place. I didn't take pictures of the smaller side of shelves but it's very similar to the large side. Everything stays on the shelving due to the routed 2x3's at the face. Everything that's smaller or loose goes into the black, blue or red tubs you can see. The only other things that need to be secured would be the refrigerant tanks and those will use chain.

I try to keep it clean...working in a dirty craphole of a truck is the worst.

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    That sucker sure is tall

Where you keepin' all the drain/sewer equipment ?

10' 8" with the ladder on top. The small drain machine resides next to the red tub on the floor. The K1500SP A frame is loaded when needed.
                    ~~

Comment

I like it. Different from the work truck white most of us drive.

I like the black rims too. No brake dust showing up.

Comment

I wanted it to be different. Everything was custom (read - hugely expensive) but was planned for the future.

Initially all I needed was the big red stripe and then I could have been the A-Team Plumber
                        ~~

Comment

Plumber Punky, That's a very nice looking truck. Hopefully the investment will pay off for you.
                          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                            Plumber Punky, That's a very nice looking truck. Hopefully the investment will pay off for you.
                            thanks. business is slowly picking up. honesty and fair pricing is much better advertising than any kind of paid print so far.
                            ~~

Comment

Working...
                            X