X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How You Empty Toilet Traps Before Pulling

i have 2 of those bucket heads and it's the best $20.00 you can spend. works like a charm and 5 gallon buckets are a dime a dozen.

i just bought the milwukee 18 volt cordless vac. works very good and looks like a tool box. but a $99.00 with no battery or charger, i can buy 12 bucket heads before i come close to the battery and charger cost.

rick.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by EJW1 View Post
      I use the Bucket Head from HD. Its $20 and turns any 5 gal bucket into a vac. Its in the back of the truck 24/7. Gets rained/snowed on and never misses a beat.

Bucket Head Wet/Dry Vac-BH0100 at The Home Depot
      What he said.

Comment

I am unfamiliar with what a toilet sucker is. When I search the web all I come up with are different types of plungers. Is it some kind of pump?

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
        Rubber gloves, a small bucket, a car wash sponge.

I used to use a toilet sucker but it doesn't work well in the freezing weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
          I am unfamiliar with what a toilet sucker is. When I search the web all I come up with are different types of plungers. Is it some kind of pump?
          The one I owned was made by Pasco but I can't see to find it on their website. Maybe it's been discontinued.

Basically, it was a 1-1/2" piece of PVC pipe with caps glued on both ends. A rod run down through the middle attached to a rubber disc. Just a larger version of a bicycle hand pump.

Comment

I use a cheap boat bilge pump . Nice when the clean out is full of water, and You May have a kelly fitting down there !
            Kelly = 2 way clean out
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I usually add some lemon and use a large straw.

Comment

I have used the cup and sponge, But I prefer the craftsman wet/dry vac it is good even if the toilet is full,
                I have drained the tank and then the bowl in order to pull toilet,
                JERRYMAC
                E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I just pull the bowl and let the chit run all over the floor.

In some cases it's an improvement

Seriously I use small plastic cubs. I've been really lucky and never had to pull one up to the top in crap (knocking on wood).

I don't do replacements so usually I just have to scoot them to the side until I get the line open.

Comment

My Milwaukee battery vac does the trick. Also allows me to be able to clean the debris from toilet tanks and get up any residual water or dirt off floor when job is done.

Comment

A nice long straw DELICOUS mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tony

Comment

Have always used the cheap 1.99 red plunger. Can't have enough of them and works as good as anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                          Have always used the cheap 1.99 red plunger. Can't have enough of them and works as good as anything else.

Those plungers are total crap I would not carry a plunger at all if it had to be one of those

Comment

I use my apprentice.
                            He uses the dewalt cordless wet vac. Fast and thorough.
                            "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              Those plungers are total crap I would not carry a plunger at all if it had to be one of those
                              And you know after three years in the game the first thing I try is my large PVC plunger as the last thing I want to do is remove the toilet and haveing to bring my sewer machine inside the house and it works most times you see here in Australia most new homes built since 1996 have 100mm PVC sewerage pipes suspended off the floor joists under the house and all the toilets are dual flush and haven`t got the volume of water to flush away the paper and poo and rely on water from other fixtures in the house flush out the sewerage pipes and that is what a good plunger does

Tony

Comment

Thanks everyone! Who knows. Maybe there will be another method to add to the list ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X