X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How You Empty Toilet Traps Before Pulling

I use my Ro-Pump to push most of the water out of the trap, then use a rag to mop out what little water is left. My dad had a tool that was a brass tube with a handle on one end, and a hose on the other with a flat disc. You set the flat disc in the water and pull up on the handle to suck the water out, then put the disc in your bucket and push the handle down to expel the water out.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      Thanks everyone! Who knows. Maybe there will be another method to add to the list ;-)
      Don't tell me josh, you just designed the first RIDGID plunger

I want 2.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Have used them for over 25 years and to me they work better than anything else out there. Total crap? LOL

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Those plungers are total crap I would not carry a plunger at all if it had to be one of those
        Last edited by ironranger; 05-16-2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
          Have used them for over 25 years and to me they work better than anything else out there. Total crap? LOL

If it's anything like the one pictured then yes it's total crap. There are many better choices, actually I can't think of a plunger that is worse

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            I use my Ro-Pump to push most of the water out of the trap, then use a rag to mop out what little water is left. My dad had a tool that was a brass tube with a handle on one end, and a hose on the other with a flat disc. You set the flat disc in the water and pull up on the handle to suck the water out, then put the disc in your bucket and push the handle down to expel the water out.
            Gundlach No. 853 The Last Drop Suction Gun | Tools4Flooring.com
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

I respctfully disagree. LOL So instead of just saying they're "crap" how about telling us which plunger you use? The round ball black ones that never work and turn hard and never get any suction and make a huge mess? Or maybe the plastic one that makes a better musical instrument vs a plunger? Which one? All I know is the one pictured always stays soft, always has great suction, and always clears the bowl of water and has never let me down. If I lose one (which I always do, leave them on the job" they're only 1.99 to replace. I've yet to find one better but sure would like to hear what you think? Remember, we're talking plungers, don't get too excited about it!

If it's anything like the one pictured then yes it's total crap. There are many better choices, actually I can't think of a plunger that is worse

Comment

Which one do you like better? When I find those black ones I throw them in the garbage and give my customers a free red one. The black ones suck, well actually they don't suck. I mean they do suck, UggHHHHHH!

Comment

Not that I'm in the mood to argue, but I prefer the black ones and have had great luck with them.

Comment

I have both but the red one only gets used for tubs and lavys

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                      Which one do you like better? When I find those black ones I throw them in the garbage and give my customers a free red one. The black ones suck, well actually they don't suck. I mean they do suck, UggHHHHHH!

Who's getting excited now at least I'm not throwing anything

Hands down this is the best plunger. Large volume dome and very soft rubber that never sticks in the down position like the red ones do. The other black ones are way too stiff.

Comment

It's great that you own 1, but based on your post, you rarely use it. Based on the photo, its never been used.

I use my closet auger less than 10% of the time. My plunger rarely fails. That's because I know when its a toilet stoppage or a branch line or a toy stuck in the toilet. I rarely work on public bathrooms, so its rarely a surprise what I find.

But I know, if its just a big turd, my plunger is 100% going to work.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          It's great that you own 1, but based on your post, you rarely use it. Based on the photo, its never been used.

I use my closet auger less than 10% of the time. My plunger rarely fails. That's because I know when its a toilet stoppage or a branch line or a toy stuck in the toilet. I rarely work on public bathrooms, so its rarely a surprise what I find.

But I know, if its just a big turd, my plunger is 100% going to work.

Rick.

This isn't an auger/plunger debate I already won that discussion

I use my plunger almost every week just not on toilets unless it's to help plunge the water before I pull the stool.

Was just sayin' that those cheap azz red plungers are worthless.

C'mon Rick it's my brand new backup plunger you think I'd lay a chitty plunger on my carpeting ???

Gotta go to work................

Comment

ro pump/plunger
                            sponge

Comment

Nope sorry you didn't win anything! LOL... I have never owned the black ones, have used the red ones for over 25 years and have never had a problem. I paid 1.99 for mine so actually I win!

This isn't an auger/plunger debate I already won that discussion

I use my plunger almost every week just not on toilets unless it's to help plunge the water before I pull the stool.

Was just sayin' that those cheap azz red plungers are worthless.

C'mon Rick it's my brand new backup plunger you think I'd lay a chitty plunger on my carpeting ???

Gotta go to work................

Comment

You're red plunger have k-60 written on it somewhere, 'ranger? Asstyme sure dislikes it.......... A lot! Boy I can tell I have no life since I'm here intensely reading a plunger debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X