X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My day yesterday, thany you lord !

My work now is in My own hood exclusively . 1958 Eichlers. these are post N beam homes , slab on grade with radiant heat . Much floor to ceiling glass. This job is a bath gut out. cut slab , change shower to tub, relocate toilet and vanity
    positions. Run up boiler 1st. I find the 1/4" or 3/8" copper radiant with My Raytec infrared thermometer gun. copper is 12" on center , and shows up about 10 degrees hotter. Mark Hilti 14" diamond cut jackhammer. Radiant runs 1/2" of My closet flange , wow how lucky , no relocate necessary ! Well I set fiberglass tub [ I work alone these days ] .
    I realize the wast arm needs another 2" of clearance , start cutting slab back more with big bulldog root hammer N chisle bitt. WTF WATER SPRAYING IN MY FACE ! Hit 1/4 " radiant copper. Shut off water N drain down house. Silver solder new section in with couplings . Get tub set, Get fat check Thank You lord, Ridgid , and all You skilled Plumbers
    for sharing Your skills. ! Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: My day yesterday, thany you lord !

I did a lot of service calls in those Eichler homes in Marin back in the late 80's and early 90's. Hated them! Most all slab leaks. If they were bad then what are they like now?

Comment

Re: My day yesterday, thany you lord !

Whenever I hear Eichler's being praised in the media I don't know whether to laugh or cry. They sucked then, and they suck even more now that they are passed their life expectancy.

Comment

Working...
      X