Overflowing hot water cyclinder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overflowing hot water cyclinder

I had just discovered that hot water is coming off an outlet from on top of the roof. I believe it is from the hot water cyclinder. How could I sort this out? Thanks

if it,s a gas fired hot water shut off the gas than turn off the water valve on tot of the heater. if it,s elec shut off elec breaker than water valve. call a plumber!
    this is a high temp and pressure safety, indicating a dangerious condition!

if you have solar collectors on your roof , it could be a leek on that plumbing! be safe shut of the water heater
    fuel source first! good luck
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

toolaholic is correct. Shut off the energy source to your heater and then the water.

If you have a boiler do the same and call a plumber.
      Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

This is most likely an expansion tank. The pressure is too high on the boiler. Call a company that services boilers. It wouldn't be a bad idea to shut the gas off to the unit like toolaholic said. I've never seen a hot water heater relief valve piped up through a roof.

Comment

this person lives in New Zealand. my thought, it could be a gal by herself on a mountain top with a couple of kids. i got a little nervious on this one. have 3 daughters myself. hope all went well
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

this person lives in New Zealand. my thought, it could be a gal by herself on a mountain top with a couple of kids. i got a little nervious on this one. have 3 daughters myself. hope all went well

Comment

Working...
            X