Longshoremans insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longshoremans insurance

Anyone else affected by this BS? Seems I cant work on one of my customers jobs because I cant get this insurance. We are a small company and because of that NO company will write us a policy. "Not enough premium to cover exposure" is the same thing I hear over and over.
    Mike

Re: Longshoremans insurance

No comments yet. You'll be surprised when you find you are subject to this!

Comment

Well I've had Gen. Liability and workers Comp . for decades . How is this going to affect Me ?
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

perhaps you have the wrong insurance company.
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

We are in double digits on trying insurance companies. I called the Florida insurance commissioner yesterday. He was NO help at all.

Tool I can't put a hose on a dock without supposedly needing this insurance.

Comment

I'm not working on Docks, ships, barges, Ect. Feel for You Friend !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

did you try this one?

http://www.marinewc.com/longshoremans_insurance.html
              ~~

Comment

belive it or not, i too find it difficult to get the proper coverage as i do a lot of work for home owner associations/ hoa's. not too many ins companies want to cover plumbers for hoa's. not cheap or easy to get coverage. and over time they sometimes wont renew as they no longer do hoa's.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Apart from my own problems I'm trying to give you a heads up that many of us may have exposure to this at some time.

Comment

Must be very high danger or liability on the docks , I figure the home owner ***'s would be sue happy. I have turned down jobs because I didn't think my liability coverage was enough

Comment

a hose spigot may bite him in the knee. he'll fall and bonk his head on a pier post, then drop his hammer into a multi-million dollar scow, thus knocking a hole in the bottom, sinking it.
                      ~~

Comment

saysflushable I've done thousands of feet of waterlines on docks and never been asked for this type of insurance before. The most expensive house we work on cost 13 million to build( with the majority of our houses above 2.5 million) so we are not unaware of our exposures.

Comment

saysflushable one of my best friends lives up your way in South Haven. Plumber Punky I'll post pictures of the owners "scow"Name:  5e712545a13f588ad550e454d0ef051f.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  418.6 KBName:  5a2f90a8636586a3c81a13a4f558b101.jpg
Size:  474.3 KBName:  0c7c6e1535e644cdb1cccac0a60bb9c5.jpg
Size:  270.9 KB
                          Last edited by myakka; 07-10-2013, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Where in south haven? that's only about 30 minutes maybe 40 from me. I plumb down there once in a while. Mostly I only go there if another plumber needs me.

It's a pain in the neck to get parts except for menards. If he is a plumber he may be the only one.

Comment

Hell, last time I visited him we ended up at Menard's to get him a new w/h. No he is no plumber...try nuke operator. Had fun. He lives on the Black river. Golf cart distance from the moose club.

Comment

Working...
                              X