Rust stains in new kohler cast iron tub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust stains in new kohler cast iron tub

Installed waste N overflow , Added a few inches of water to test drain . This is still partially crated out side the home,
    not installed. Customer sees rust spots ! Will order a new one this Morn. Rust out didn't work! Hope warrantee
    covers it !
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Rust stains in new kohler cast iron tub

inside the tub where it's porcelained is a big problem and should be warranty. outside on the bare metal is normal and not warranty.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

anyone grinding metal near the tub? are you talking speks or large blotches?

we had a batch of kitchen sinks on a large project that had carbon spots coming through the finish. caught the problem before they were installed. they claimed that the spots were within tolerance. told them to tell that to the owner. owner being h.u.d. still had to cary them down the stairs and new ones back up a 4 story building.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think something is up with kohler. Been seeing alot of their white enameled cast iron sink installed and they all look terrible for their age....stains, huge chips etc.

For your case, still crated....any chance the nails are rusting and dripping in the tub?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well My salesman is awesome ! New tub in 2 days , No problem. Hope this one is trouble free. I googled this N looks like this is some what common !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Well 2 bad Kohlers ! New one came in start to unload and see a scratch on the skirt ! My Son drove 100 miles round trip to get #3.
            sheet rockers start tomorrow. They have a serious problem!

Comment

Suppliers should inspect their stock. The way they crate CI shirted tubs makes checking relatively easy.

Comment

Working...
              X