X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterless Urinal Woes

Older story, but something to think about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...0-000-fix.html

Re: Waterless Urinal Woes

Made a trip down to the State Capitol last week and had the necessity to visit the men's room. Low and behold a water-less urinal. Couldn't tell if it was the urinal or the politicians stinking up the place. My guess was the later.

Comment

Might be the winds from Downunder blowing your way at the moment. I would call them all maggots if I didn't use this valuable resource to catch fish.....................!!!!
      Some say no 2s stink, stand next to our politicians and I know what smells worse....................!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
        Older story, but something to think about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...0-000-fix.html
        The article implies they use copper waste lines in that school, is this something particular to Florida?

Comment

These pictures are from a fellow plumber showing the damage caused by waterless urinals that where used in a Chicago City building as a trail.

Click image for larger version

Name:	859085187c0d968072f4510039560ddc.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	490.4 KB
ID:	14700 Click image for larger version

Name:	e9a002c76348b68d427a079e31474ba4.jpg
Size:	472.5 KB
ID:	14701 Click image for larger version

Name:	eb61ef78e00a0863d90293aead27248a.jpg
Size:	497.4 KB
ID:	14702 Click image for larger version

Name:	d898e5d5bb866612fa648daf509f9712.jpg
Size:	494.1 KB
ID:	14703 Click image for larger version

Name:	0d2f4c279126b5e431092d695768b517.jpg
Size:	428.8 KB
ID:	14705
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

a number of years back, probably 10 or more, I was hired by another company to camera a very large brand new Amtrak train station service hub. they did a huge underground installation with thousands of feet of 4'' copper vacuum system waste. system held vacuum great at over the 20 vac station hoses prior to going into real service. now this was all covered by feet of concrete and railroad tracks.

soon after the system was put into real service, the system lacked good suction. somewhere there was a leak. 2 days of camera work and found rotted copper near the vacuum pump.

turns out the state/ government specified copper for the system here in la, but at the same time on another project location they specified plastic at a huge cost savings. after testing they found out that the chemical they use in the train bathrooms actually ate copper. big time lawsuit and I believe in they end they had to epoxy coat the pipes and dig up the already damaged section.

why anyone would spec out copper when plastic is a much better product and was a fraction of the cost with labor is amazing. but remember it's the government at work with our money.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X