X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Pump

We ran a water line out to a new shop the other day for a guy, i thought this old pump looked cool

Re: Old Pump

So how would that work? The pulley is hooked up to an engine of some other source or can you just hand pump it with the big lever?

Very cool piece of nostalgia.

Comment

if one was using the pump jack (powered) the handle would be disconnected,

attached is a picture of an add about 1920

missing is the pitman arms off the pump jack, and the head that would hook to the pump rod, most of the pump head had a spring loaded pin for easily unhooking from the hand pump,

they used them on wind mills as well, and the wind mill would be disconnected as well if a pump jack was hooked up and vise versa.

one of the reason the disconnection was done as many times the stroke of the hand pump and the stroke of the pump jack most likely would be different.

the stroke on the windmill would be different, also either the pump jack or the windmill head would bind and break some thing if connected,

here is a direction page on how to use a dempster pump jack and set it up a lot of pictures http://www.deanbennett.com/dempster-...ck-install.htm
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BHD; 09-08-2013, 07:42 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Sorry for the double post
        I messed with the pump while the glue was drying on the last joints
        Nothing moved

Comment

That's a first for me and I've been around a lot of pumps. I knew the gears were for a Pump Jack, but had just never saw one like that before.
          Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Working...
          X