No more Champions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more Champions

All done with American Standard toilets. I've tried them all and in my opinion they have all failed. I said I wouldn't buy them again and yet I bought a new Champion 4 for my own house and it's a constant problem. When flushed the flush valve thingy turns a little on the chain, a little each time until the chain tightens up and it won't seal properly making the toilet run. It takes a couple of weeks to do it but it's very regular. Why I didn't take my own advice and install a Gerber Avalanche is beyond me. Sorry American Standard, all done with you.

Re: No more Champions

I have no idea why a lot of people got on board with the fast-flushing-dirty-bowl designs that are taking over.

It's like they forgot one of the primary reasons of modern plumbing.

Now it's all going 1.28. Just gonna' make it worse. More drain cleaning though. I'm not even gonna' explain it to the college educated buyers that "research" all the MAP tests & check YouTube with their iPhones anymore.

Just gonna' tell them "You're right...." and go back to clear lines when needed. $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
      All done with American Standard toilets. I've tried them all and in my opinion they have all failed. I said I wouldn't buy them again and yet I bought a new Champion 4 for my own house and it's a constant problem. When flushed the flush valve thingy turns a little on the chain, a little each time until the chain tightens up and it won't seal properly making the toilet run. It takes a couple of weeks to do it but it's very regular. Why I didn't take my own advice and install a Gerber Avalanche is beyond me. Sorry American Standard, all done with you.
      Installed a Champion 4 a year ago, same problem as you, cheapo flush valve thingy. Before I saw this problem, I liked it, bought another for upstairs bath but is now sitting in the basement uninstalled. Wondering what I am going to do with it.

Comment

we have torn out a lot of champions ,,
        it would not be that hard to modify the design
        if they would just make the effort to do it.....

Toto and Gerber Vipers are the only two I will trust
        http://www.weilhammerplumbing.com/home/

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
          I have no idea why a lot of people got on board with the fast-flushing-dirty-bowl designs that are taking over.

It's like they forgot one of the primary reasons of modern plumbing.

Now it's all going 1.28. Just gonna' make it worse. More drain cleaning though. I'm not even gonna' explain it to the college educated buyers that "research" all the MAP tests & check YouTube with their iPhones anymore.

Just gonna' tell them "You're right...." and go back to clear lines when needed. $$$.
          Try the elongated viper and avalanche. I have both in my house and love them.....no dirty bowls and they flush great.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Well then American Standard now has a problem with their number 4 model too. How sad is that? I'm going to remove mine and just chuck it in the trash. What a waste of money. American Standard is always trying to be different with all their new funky flush valves. This goes WAY back. Remember the black plastic barrel with the disc flapper, hated those with a passion. WHY CAN'T THEY JUST MAKE A 3" FLUSH VALVE WITH A FLAPPER? Like Gerber does. American Standard you FAIL again.

Originally posted by hochwald View Post
            Installed a Champion 4 a year ago, same problem as you, cheapo flush valve thingy. Before I saw this problem, I liked it, bought another for upstairs bath but is now sitting in the basement uninstalled. Wondering what I am going to do with it.

Comment

You are a bitter man

True story, champion 3 in my own home. 2nd floor, master bath. Finally had enough of the POS, ripped, not unbolted, ripped it off the flange and tossed it out the 2nd floor window to the driveway below where it commenced to break itself into a thousand bits of porcelain. The neighbors stopped coming by after that. Two birds.... One toilet.
              sigpic

Comment

Called my salesman to get a Toto delivered to my house, he offered to give me one of the new 1.28 gal Champions to try out. It flushed so poorly I trashed it and he gave me another. Same thing, very poor flushing action. As soon as I get around to it, out goes the American Standard and in goes a Toto.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  You are a bitter man

True story, champion 3 in my own home. 2nd floor, master bath. Finally had enough of the POS, ripped, not unbolted, ripped it off the flange and tossed it out the 2nd floor window to the driveway below where it commenced to break itself into a thousand bits of porcelain. The neighbors stopped coming by after that. Two birds.... One toilet.
                  Where's the thanks button when you need one?!
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

You can use the old toilets as strawberry planter!
                    Place in your front yard to also advertise you're a plumber

Cactus Man

Comment

I installed a lot of Cadet 3's and had very good results with them. Then they "upgraded" it to the Cadet Pro, they are horrid. They went from 1.6 to 1.28 and have a very small water spot.

Installed one of them and thats it. I install Gerber Vipers now and love em. Best flushing 1.6 ive ever installed.
                      26+6=1

Comment

The Gerbers in my opinion are the most trouble free, basic design, best flushing, and easiest to install. I should buy stock in them. I have no idea why I tried the AS again but no more. Their designers are brain dead. How many chances should they get? I say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by nhmaster3015 View Post
                          you are a bitter man

True story, champion 3 in my own home. 2nd floor, master bath. Finally had enough of the pos, ripped, not unbolted, ripped it off the flange and tossed it out the 2nd floor window to the driveway below where it commenced to break itself into a thousand bits of porcelain. The neighbors stopped coming by after that. Two birds.... One toilet.
                          dang!

Comment

Or sell them
                            Originally posted by cactusman View Post
                            You can use the old toilets as strawberry planter!
                            Place in your front yard to also advertise you're a plumber

Cactus Man
                            Or sell/install them and recoup part of your money,just explain why you are selling toliet and how to adjust when needed.Someone badly needs this,for themself or for their rental property venture.

Comment

I'm somewhat partial to the Mansfield 135
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X