Little fire fighter earth quake gas shut off valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little fire fighter earth quake gas shut off valve

I see It's rated for 60 Lbs Max PSI . With Gas meter disconnected , would You leave this in the line, and open , for a 15 Lb. gas line test ? That's our required PSI in My area . Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Little fire fighter earth quake gas shut off valve

The body is rated for 60# , but I found it doesnt shut 100% tight.

So make sure you cap the inlet.

The verticsl one uses a ball bearing, pin ball. The horizontal uses more of a spring loaded check valve. Vertical units are less subject yo issues as the ball sits in a detent and literally shakes off to cover the outlet.

The horizontal uses a magnet mounted to a pendulum. These are much more prone to false trips and require good level installation s with strapping.

The also make a vertical flow up. But the vertical flow down Is the standard one.

Are you predicting the big one anytime soon? It is world series time real soon. Woops might be dodger time out here instead of giant time. Need to strap down the heaters.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. I plumbed a new addition My son did. Also gutted out all the old galvy water , and Drain waste on the original 1950s home in a 17 " crawler.
      Marin Co. requires an E Quake shut off on all gas line extensions. Funny ,We had an Earth Quake Last night ! GO 9ERS AND GIANTS !! PS ,I will remove the EQ valve for test !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Don't you have to put it just after the meter?
        Out here if the pool line runs all outside, then the pool line doesn't need the valve.

Of course not that you're going to heat the pool after the big one, it just makes it simpler and less expensive not to install a seismic valve on a 1.5"-2" pool line.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

There is no Pool . Service is only 3/4" . eq valves go in after meter ,always leaving the Tee N plug in place. Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X