• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plastic vs Cast Iron for Sewers

Great thread, thanks for all the 411.

Comment

Some sewer districts in Northern CA require fusion welded HDPE for sewer laterals coming off the main. And, it has to be grey and not black so things show up better when a camera is run through it.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        It's almost like we are in two different worlds. When you are on a big job and they drop thousands of feet of ABS in the summer sun, you are lucky if you are there to find some one to restack it before it looks like spaghetti. Cast Iron is heavy and harder to work with but you don't see half the problems you see when a poorly qualified "plumber" installs plastic. Plastic pipe is fine when install properly but lets not forget it's big selling point was anyone could install it.

Mark
        ABS does turn into banana shaped pipe when left in the sun. But the only plastic mentioned so far in the thread up untill this post has been PVC which does not do the "banana". I don't think I've ever seen an ABS sewer line. Although I'm sure they exist.

Dan, A sewer near the SA fault line? I would run the line in flexible PVC.
        Last edited by geno gardner; 11-16-2013, 12:02 AM. Reason: Naturally there were a bunch of mentions of ABS AFTER your post. LOL.
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
        X