X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all toto experts

Got a call, old toto takes 3 flushes to rid pot,She said. I tried a wad of paper, no flushey! Try 6 ft. auger same !
    Thats when I notice the shortest overflow tube ,ever ! And I see the flush valve has brass hold down screws N brass blocks, Not threaded with nut ! What is this Animal, Please. I did Ricks 5 gal. water bucket flushes , fine no blockage , just way too little water.they decided to Just have Me install a new toto Mon. Will give them a Toto Drake
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Calling all toto experts

I think the main trouble is 1 of those big holes in the front of the rim is blocked by a bleach tab. even if 1 of the 4 is blocked it won't flush.

Comment

There are people that call themselves "Toto experts"?

Comment

why not just clean the jet holes, install new or adjust the current fill valve?
        ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
          why not just clean the jet holes, install new or adjust the current fill valve?
          This toto is ol N shaby ! I was going to look for replacement parts when the owner said " why not just buy a new one ! I agreed. Again the flush valve was bolted in with brass hardware, no threaded bottom N plastic nut! Also the overflow pipe is only 4 3/4" tall !! tank water was rediculas ,because of this ! Did someone cut this off , or was this a crazy design ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I had a similar problem. Try changing the ballcock, has to be a toto by korky ballcock. Seems with such a small resevoir the ballcock has to refill the bowl quickly before the tank is full. They make this ball cock special for these toilets, learned this the long and unpaid way.

Comment

Gerber
              26+6=1

Comment

Look into the gerber dual flush toilet. I've put a few in and everyone really loves it. I have 2 on order to replace 2 toto drakes that are less then a year old because the customer likes the one I installed in the guest bathroom.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Does anyone like the American Standard champions ? I like um or the newer Kohler s?

Comment

champion is a good flusher as long as you have the newer flush valve and not the original design.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
                      Does anyone like the American Standard champions ? I like um or the newer Kohler s?

I'm up to almost 40 AS4 Champion toilet installs this year, probably 24-29 AS3 Cadets.

That's nearly 70+ toilets and not one callback. Toto will disappoint if you come after them for warranty parts. And why would they put an intentionally failing fill valve in their new toilets from the go? The box says VIETNAM, who do you think is protecting the wallet, you or them.

I will put them in but from-the-go they get 400A's for fill valves, the korky Gmax's get tossed in the garbage for fear of callbacks.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        champion is a good flusher as long as you have the newer flush valve and not the original design.

rick.
                        Rick ,could You please list the BAD N GOOD flush valve on the champion ! Tanks Tool

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                          I'm up to almost 40 AS4 Champion toilet installs this year, probably 24-29 AS3 Cadets.

That's nearly 70+ toilets and not one callback. Toto will disappoint if you come after them for warranty parts. And why would they put an intentionally failing fill valve in their new toilets from the go? The box says VIETNAM, who do you think is protecting the wallet, you or them.

I will put them in but from-the-go they get 400A's for fill valves, the korky Gmax's get tossed in the garbage for fear of callbacks.
                          Are champions mad in the USA ? How do You feel about gerber ? Thanks , Good to see You back in the Hood , Brother !

Comment

I do like the toto self closing seats. Now that I'm switching to American standard AS, 4 can I get them ? Other suppliers make them ?

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              Are champions mad in the USA ? How do You feel about gerber ? Thanks , Good to see You back in the Hood , Brother !

Hecho, Mexico. But they may still have plants here in the USA.

Gerber toilets are uncommon here in my area, so I can't say yay or nay on the product but Ben has good insight on the product since he installs them on a regular basis.

Is it the worse of two evils? At least the word "American" is in the name.

I was tossed by Toto when their products started to fail prematurely, it's my given right to let any plumbing contractor know that customer service shunned me when their product failed under a year. That cost me the time and money of my profit margins. Everything fails, but shouldn't fail in the first 12 months, especially with a fill valve they can change and solve the problem out of the box.
                              Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                              X