low water volume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: low water volume

During my new construction days, ive had bad castings where the ports are not fully open.

Try flushing without a cartridge. Do cold first with the heater turned off to check flow. Hot might be difficult unless you have an isolation valve. Also if there's an internal divertor, it too can be an issue.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Having read all your posts I don't see if you've tried swapping spouts. Probably not the problem, but... I still say it's time for the rep to make a house call.

Comment

Well I have a report. Went out today to check it out. Back flushed the valve and replaced the cartridge, turned the water back on and we were all good! Passed the homeowners bucket test. We didn't get anything exciting come out on our back flush so I decided to take the cartridge apart and way down in the hot side port was a piece of Styrofoam. The only place I think that could have come from was the packing on the water heater? I'm glad that ones over I was envisioning cutting into walls and all kinds of bad stuff.
        Thanks for the feedback guys
        Mike
        Clark County Plumbing And Drain
        www.plumbinginclarkcounty.com

Comment

Trouble shooting can be very frustrating. My dear departed father in law, an electrical engineer by training, was very methodical, while I'm more mercurial. While tracing down household problems, he would attack by starting at a and not deviating until he got to z. Watching him used to drive me crazy, but... unlike me, he always found the problem. RIP George. He'd have made one hell of a service plumber. Me, on the other hand, that's a story for another day.

Comment

Working...
          X