X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K6 stuck

I used to think every homeowner should own a closet auger until tonights call. I showed up to find the k6 stuck in the siphon jet hole. Any ideas besides a hammer
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Ridgid K6 stuck

Tell them to call a licensed plumber.... Who will hit said toilet with a hammer to save the aforementioned K6...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
      I used to think every homeowner should own a closet auger until tonights call. I showed up to find the k6 stuck in the siphon jet hole. Any ideas besides a hammer
      if it went in it'll come out.
      ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

first shut off the water to the toilet and plunge out all the water in the bowl. try pouring liquid soap into the tank overflow to help lube the cable and china. then gently try to reverse spin the cable. might work?

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. I will give it a try before he smashes it into a gazillion pieces
          Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

It'll come out without smashing the bowl.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Tell them to call a licensed plumber.... Who will hit said toilet with a hammer to save the aforementioned K6...lol

Oh no, not the old "call a PRO" suggestion. Prepare to be engineered to death you shocking suggester of sorts......!!!!!hehehehheheeheheheheee

Comment

I sorta chuckled when I read this until it happened to me today. Spun my auger in and it sort of hit something but passed all the way through.
                Kept spinning it and when I was pulling out it got stuck almost all the way out.

I pulled and spun but to no avail. So I pulled the stool thinking it was hung up on the horn but no.

With the stool off and the auger still stuck I could spin it all the way though and pull it both ways.
                WTF?

So I got out my on sale $69.00 Harbor fright inspection camera and low and behold.
                A bright orange YO-YO.

It won't let my auger get back so the hammer comes out tomorrow.

Who wants a YO-YO?

Comment

get the torch, couldn't make it any worse than a hammer.

Comment

had an auger get stuck once in a preschool/daycare center. there was always one little guy playing near the toity. The teachers couldnt figure out what he got in there. Pulled out the crappiest smelling plastic turkey complete with platter from a kitchen play set. I still have it someplace...and it still smells like poo.
                    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
                      had an auger get stuck once in a preschool/daycare center. there was always one little guy playing near the toity. The teachers couldnt figure out what he got in there. Pulled out the crappiest smelling plastic turkey complete with platter from a kitchen play set. I still have it someplace...and it still smells like poo.
                      Sounds like one of the Murphy twins !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have pulled out light bulbs intact from 4" drains

Also,,Pagers,,lipsticks,,,gold jewelry,,wallets,,,teenage ninja turtles ,,,dog leases,,,

Thats the honest to God truth

Junior,,please leave youre God Damn ninja turtles at home OK?

DD

Comment

Had a call yesterday for a Cobra brand toilet auger that was stuck in a toilet with the handle all the way down. After breaking off the handle trying to get it out (cheap POS) I pulled the toilet and the cable had bored a hole through the wax horn. It was a good 12" through the horn.

Comment

Working...
                          X