Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hope this helps some of you in your pricing

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
    1, 250.00 for a 50 gallon water heater??? Wow !!!! I supply either bradford white or a o smith I only use 3/4"ridgid sweat copper type L ,dielectric unions, new 3/4"sweat fullport ballvalve( piping up to 10' ) blk ridgid gas supply, with gas cock ,new 3"flue pipe and 90°s ,permit, removal of existing water heater, labor , material , permit , disposal job complete out the door 845 $ and people have the nerve to say im high next time they say that im going to show them this lol thsnks for the heads up!!
    I think You're cheating Yourself. This is the reason I posted this.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Thank u sir! ! I am definitely going to raise my prices by at lesst 20○/○ beginning now!! This is just crazy im selling myself short trying to compete but like the old saying goes you'll never lose money on the jobs you dont get

Comment

Close to ten years ago we went to flat rare. Probably lost about 1/3 of our customers while increasing profits about 20% which proved to me that we didn't want or need a third of our customer base. Don't be afraid to be the most expensive company in town. Just make sure you back yourself up with uncompromising service and materials. Believe it or not you can substantially grow your business and increase your profits by not swimming in the little pond with all the little fish. We don't install CSST, PEX for potable water, flexible supply tubes, plastic J hangers' plastic tube talons, air emmitance valves, fixtures from Home Depot or lowes and a host of other fast, cheap and easy plumbing products. I get a lot of flack from the small fish quite often. They say I need to come into the 21st century. Then I remind them that we are the largest plumbing & heating contractors in town and that we haven't had to lay anyone off in over a decade.
        sigpic

Comment

1, 250.00 for a 50 gallon water heater??? Wow !!!! I supply either bradford white or a o smith I only use 3/4"ridgid sweat copper type L ,dielectric unions, new 3/4"sweat fullport ballvalve( piping up to 10' ) blk ridgid gas supply, with gas cock ,new 3"flue pipe and 90°s ,permit, removal of existing water heater, labor , material , permit , disposal job complete out the door 845 $ and people have the nerve to say im high next time they say that im going to show them this lol thsnks for the heads up!!
          It all depends on where you're located and cost of goods. Out here, the heater alone is over $500 with tax. Add in all the other required parts, permit, delivery and disposal, and your $845. Price might buy you lunch. But that's based on my zip code. Of course we pay more for heaters than anywhere else in the country with our ultra lo nox requirements.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Water heater cost on a 40 gallon a o smith/or bradford white nat gas 375 $ miscellaneous fittings ballvalve and pipe 45 $ permit 25 $-50 $ usually make 300 $ profit 2hrs work but I still feel like im getting robbed! ! Lol

Comment

The last 50, high recovery by Rheem I quoted was $925 installed. We're lucky in that most of our cities do not require permits for replacements.

(Here's where Rick corrects me again ) I hate dielectric unions. They look hackish, especially when they start to leak. I remember when we had to install brass nipples into the tanks first, then go to copper. never had any leaks then...

Cable companies are the bane of this industry because they bond to the water lines, too.
              ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

padding the bill a little, eh?
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Didnt mean it like that buddy I was using the speak text option and I guess I repeated my self there a couple times , I use to use 3/4"brass nipples then copper female adapters then copper unions but that got expensive kind of quick , most of the time permits are not needed only if its a rental property because when they do there yearly inspection s and theres a new install then they check there records and noticed no permit was pulled thats when they get bit*hy and get all upset or when the dual check backflow preventer and expansion tank are required only a few municipality s require that around here

Comment

Didnt mean it like that buddy I was using the speak text option and I guess I repeated my self there a couple times , I use to use 3/4"brass nipples then copper female adapters then copper unions but that got expensive kind of quick , most of the time permits are not needed only if its a rental property because when they do there yearly inspection s and theres a new install then they check there records and noticed no permit was pulled thats when they get bit*hy and get all upset or when the dual check backflow preventer and expansion tank are required only a few municipality s require that around here
                    Are You saying the building dept. does Yearly inspections on all rentals ! If so that's interisting !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Yea its nuts before they can give you occupancy you have to pass electrical , hvac and plumbing inspections , w.h must be certified , furnace must be certified and breaker box , smoke detectors carbon monoxide detectors , and backflow testing only on income properties not every town /city/suburb but most minority areas that have section 8 believe it or not

Comment

I got busted because an investor who I do a lot of work for called in the middle of a night about a wat er heater , I had one in the shop installed it then when I was done I put a magnet on it .As luck would have it a couple months go by and the tenant moved out next thing I know I get a lett er in the mail and there pissed.I call and explain the situation middle of the night it was an emergency didnt think twice u know , luvkily I knew the plumbing indpector and shot the sh $ t with him and all was ok.Calumet city illinois , they can be d! Cks lol

Comment

Yea its nuts before they can give you occupancy you have to pass electrical , hvac and plumbing inspections , w.h must be certified , furnace must be certified and breaker box , smoke detectors carbon monoxide detectors , and backflow testing only on income properties not every town /city/suburb but most minority areas that have section 8 believe it or not
                          I would think It's good for Business !

Comment

Keeps out the riftraf.lol

Comment

Working...
                            X