Hope this helps some of you in your pricing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this helps some of you in your pricing

www.absoluteplumbingonline.com Sorry they must of pulled this. I have it on favorites ,with all their pricing. It's flower plumbing outa Texas.
    Last edited by toolaholic; 11-25-2013, 04:10 PM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Hope this helps some of you in your pricing

i'm way underpriced according to the site. but of course i charge fairly rather than gouge for inferior products or services.

their charges:

Plumbing Contractors Flower Mound, Plumber Lewisville, Frisco Plumbing Services, Plumber Plano, Carrolton Plumbing Company
    Last edited by Plumber Punky; 11-25-2013, 06:04 PM.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
      i'm way underpriced according to the site. but of course i charge fairly rather than gouge for inferior products or services.

their charges:

Plumbing Contractors Flower Mound, Plumber Lewisville, Frisco Plumbing Services, Plumber Plano, Carrolton Plumbing Company
      Yes , I believe most of us are ! I like the $22.00 a ft. for the 1/2" gas line ! I'm using this for an up coming job. Thanks for bailing Me out on the site !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

no problem
        ~~

Comment

Their prices are right in there for many items in my opinion but I don't care for the way they do it. What I don't like is how they're trying to be a flat rate company yet at the same time showing hourly rates. 1.5 to 2.0 hours to reset a toilet? What if it takes me 20 minutes? LOL That's why I charge a flat rate for everything and I would never publish prices to the public like this. It's impossible to price every situation when every situation is different. I advertise myself as a plumbing contractor with free in-home estimates. My customers get the price when I show up and if they're window shopping or comparing prices they won't want me out. It's just that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
            Their prices are right in there for many items in my opinion but I don't care for the way they do it. What I don't like is how they're trying to be a flat rate company yet at the same time showing hourly rates. 1.5 to 2.0 hours to reset a toilet? What if it takes me 20 minutes? LOL That's why I charge a flat rate for everything and I would never publish prices to the public like this. It's impossible to price every situation when every situation is different. I advertise myself as a plumbing contractor with free in-home estimates. My customers get the price when I show up and if they're window shopping or comparing prices they won't want me out. It's just that simple.
            How do you determine whether they are comparing prices prior to going to the customer's home?

Comment

I'm sure some new customers are comparing prices but it's rare that they would have a plumber come out just to compare prices. If I get into a home I can pretty much close the deal every time.

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
              How do you determine whether they are comparing prices prior to going to the customer's home?

Comment

Dear Brothers in Arms
                I have found that the thing you must do is Slow Down,,talk reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaallll slow,,
                and try and have a meeting of the minds with the caller,,,
                try and be nice especially if they are tense or stressed ,,many times they have just got off the phone with a competitor "that was not nice" on the telephone,,,,you know who Im talkin about,,,OK
                I usually include this in the conversation,,,Sir /Maam,,,Im sorry youre having this trouble ,,,and Im happy to help you any way I can ,,,based on what youve told me,,,I can save you a lot of time and fooling around,,,,,,,,,,,,

Then make your offer whether its to come out with a diagnostic fee you apply toward the job or no charge at all

One way to justify a diagnostic fee is to say " Sir wed be happy to come out and give u a professional diagnosis and then a firm price quote,,,,at that point in time at least you will have a valid estimate from a licensed journeyman plumber so you know what this job could cost or should cost,,,,Is taht something we could get together on?

Then shut up,,remain silent,,,and see what they say,,,,,

This has been my best script to book an appointment

Hope this help guys and by the way have a nice Thanksgiving,,,I have learned a lot here and I appreciate all the help and advice you guys have given me

Dave Doyle
                Monrovia Ca

Comment

One more thing guys,,,,
                  Its a natural fact,,,,
                  As far a price,,
                  If you dont ask for it,,,you're not gonna get it,,,,
                  Best Regards
                  Dave Doyle
                  Monrovia Calif

Comment

I dont charge a 'diagnostic fee' or a 'show up charge'. That's just another way of padding the bill.
                    ~~

Comment

Why do they offer hose bibs without vacuum breakers.. And what the hell is a 4" or 6" frost free hose bib that wouldn't even get you to the vapor barrier ? Do you American folk frame with 2x2 ? I have a feeling they messed up here we use 8" 10" or 12" if it's going thru quad lock or something 1 to 2 he's to replace kitchen sink faucet ?

Comment

most hose bibs i install all exit thru the sill plate. it's single or dual 2x10s. a 4 or 6" would probably work. i usually install 12 or 16s.
                        ~~

Comment

This has nothing to do with pricing but I don't see a plumbing license listed on the site.
                          Here any ad, letterhead, vehicle, business card, web site has to display the contractors
                          license number(s). Is that a requirement in TX also ?
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                            This has nothing to do with pricing but I don't see a plumbing license listed on the site.
                            Here any ad, letterhead, vehicle, business card, web site has to display the contractors
                            license number(s). Is that a requirement in TX also ?
                            not a requirement where i live in NY. though i wish it would be. would keep out the hacks.
                            ~~

Comment

1, 250.00 for a 50 gallon water heater??? Wow !!!! I supply either bradford white or a o smith I only use 3/4"ridgid sweat copper type L ,dielectric unions, new 3/4"sweat fullport ballvalve( piping up to 10' ) blk ridgid gas supply, with gas cock ,new 3"flue pipe and 90°s ,permit, removal of existing water heater, labor , material , permit , disposal job complete out the door 845 $ and people have the nerve to say im high next time they say that im going to show them this lol thsnks for the heads up!!

Comment

Working...
                              X