X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRV before the meter

New requirement here as per city code, all PRV's must be installed before the water meter. That's going to raise the price of a PRV installed! Will have to move the water meter further down stream, among other things.

Re: PRV before the meter

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
    New requirement here as per city code, all PRV's must be installed before the water meter. That's going to raise the price of a PRV installed! Will have to move the water meter further down stream, among other things.
    You cold climate guys can do that, We can't ! Your Meters are accesable in a basement. Here in most of Ca., ours is in a concrete meter box in the sidewalk. about 10" deep. no frost!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Does that mean you have to contact them to arrange a shut down?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
        Back in Boston It's all accesable in the basement. And after the house gate valve
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

No, they're okay with us moving their meters and turning off their curb stops. Moving the meter pretty much doubles the amount of time to install a prv.

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post

Comment

hope you post a before N after picture

Comment

I don't deal with PRVs In my district but me do have a back flow requirement. When we run a new service complete with a new 1" tap, we sell all of the material to the plumber. That includes the meter pit cover etc we use a Z Setter that is pre plumbed for the RPZ and the meter. Wonder if the make a setter like that with a PRV? Try calling Ford or Meuller?

Comment

Working...
              X