X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Protective Gloves?

Also most gloves don't allow you to work a touch screen smart phone. There's some that have a special fabric on 1 finger tip and thumb.

Don't want to even think the amount of times I used my tounge to answer the phone
    But then again I make milkshakes with my used cutters and snake.

Rick
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Also most gloves don't allow you to work a touch screen smart phone. There's some that have a special fabric on 1 finger tip and thumb.

Don't want to even think the amount of times I used my tounge to answer the phone

Rick
      And I occasionally light briquets with a torch.

Comment

Hahahha never tried using my phone with my tongue before! I think I'll try it right now to see if it works.

Rick

Comment

Nose also works.

Even better when you borrow your friends phone and need to make a call with them watching.

Like the honda commercial with licking the door handle In the showroom.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

regardless of the type of gloves you choose follow the best advise and safety rules. Never wear them around moving equipment unless you want to lose a hand!
            shooting the s*** is a lot more fun when you use hollow points (much more splatter)

coffee hell gimme booze!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gnuuser View Post
              regardless of the type of gloves you choose follow the best advise and safety rules. Never wear them around moving equipment unless you want to lose a hand!
              Ya got that right. When I was an apprentice a fitter working near me was using a 1/2 drill making a hole for a hanger rod in some steel about 18 feet up. It was winter and cold in the unfinished building with no heat. He was wearing a pair of welding gloves and one got caught in the drill chuck and spun him off the makeshift scaffold he was working from. He fell tomthe concrete floor hitting his head on the way down. We called right away for the onsite EMS but he died on the way to the hospital. We found the glove still twisted up around the chuck and bit. That's how we figured out what happened since he never regained conscientiousness.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Wow thats probably the saddest thing ive heard in a long time.The worst ive ever seen was a homeowner rodding a main using jersey gloves,and th3 gloves got caught and broke his arm right in front of me I tried to warn him but u know what homeowners say "u plumbers charge to much" so he tried a nd bango bammo hospital charge , out of work for 4 months lost wages , so in reality we dont charge that much

Comment

These just came out of the wash. Then dried in a typical drier on high heat.

Worn daily for probably 10 days? Guessing. I keep several in the truck and just swap if needed.

They see everything. General material handling, putting stuff together, taking old stuff apart, junk from old p-traps & threads, small cable, etc. etc. etc.

Same as the orange ones I linked earlier. Sometimes they are found in black, darker blue, orange. I think I've even seen red. Anyway, tougher than you think.

Click image for larger version

Name:	d153d893476435eb3ec9d0d1483aee63.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	18004Click image for larger version

Name:	876af1689108874211177bef8d67ad0e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	18003

Comment

I don't wear gloves for cut protection....makes you careless. I like padded mechanic gloves for vibration and my hands can really feel the difference when using. Also cut the tip of the thumb and pointer finger off the glove for dexterity. Regular stuff I like midknight nitrile gloves and snaking gets ugly gloves.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Anyone actually use the ridgid drain cleaning mitts with the staples in the palms?

Rick.
                      ding ding.
                      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I usually wear the leather palm cloth back cuffed gloves, I buy them by the dozen from northern tool, I see the price has gone up some since last time I ordered,

West Chester Split Cowhide Double Palm Gloves | Leather Palm Gloves| Northern Tool + Equipment
                        or
                        West Chester Split Cowhide Leather Palm Gloves | Leather Palm Gloves| Northern Tool + Equipment

when I first started working I used the leather elk skin gloves, but they did not last any longer and were nearly 10 times the cost, nicer feel, but these will work for running a snake, welding, fencing, handling steel, and so on and if they are damaged or wear out there low cost and one does not feel to bad about tossing them
                        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                        attributed to Samuel Johnson
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Anyone actually use the ridgid drain cleaning mitts with the staples in the palms?

Rick.

Not me, I've still have around 6 pair just sitting on the shelf.

Comment

Working...
                          X