X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protective Gloves?

Anyone wear them? I have never worn any type of gloves for 26 years plumbing. Now it seems lately I'm cutting my fingers more often than I like. Maybe I'm regressing? LOL,, when I first started I would cut my fingers and then after that I learned my lessons and it didn't happen as much. Lately it seems WTF is going on? Almost cut the end of my index finger off with tin snips yesterday, damn that one hurt.

So,, any suggestions on some kind of gloves I could wear that would fit tight and still feel like I'm not wearing gloves? Hmm

Re: Protective Gloves?

lightweight mechanic's gloves work awesome. big box stores carry them.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

You can get cut resistant Kevlar gloves, they fit fairly snugly but maybe not as tight as you might want.
      Last edited by Bob D.; 11-28-2013, 05:59 AM.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I've worn probably every kind there is honestly. I always try to protect the hands. It will make a huge difference when your older.

My favorite for overall tasks are these. Protection on the front, breathe out the back, light, cheap, tight enough you can actually pick something smaller up. And you'll be surprised how long they last.

About a $1.00 a pair. And no, they don't have the glove stink of the blue ones that look similar.

West Chester Nitrile-Dipped Large Multi-Purpose Gloves (5-Pack)-37120/L5PQP48 at The Home Depot

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          not as tight asylum want.
          yeah, they like 'em tight there
          ~~

Comment

Ansell makes some nice gloves that fight snug; they have some stretch to them.
            They make some for contruction, concrete blocks, sharp objects, etc.
            They come in small, medium and large.
            Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumber Punky View Post
              yeah, they like 'em tight there
              That was my stinking tablet trying to spellcheck for me and doing a poor job as usual. The main reason seems to be that I fail to hit the spacebat sometimes accurately and hit the n or m key, then the spell check goes nuts and if idont catch it all kinds of stupid stuff gets printed.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'm looking for cut protection and the ansell plumbing gloves look like they might work but sort of pricey ranging from 23 to 30 bucks a pair? Anyone use these?

Comment

Anyone actually use the ridgid drain cleaning mitts with the staples in the palms?

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

That was my stinking tablet trying to spellcheck for me and doing a poor job as usual. The main reason seems to be that I fail to hit the spacebat sometimes accurately and hit the n or m key, then the spell check goes nuts and if idont catch it all kinds of stupid stuff gets printed.
                    That's rough. Thank goodness all we have are zombies here.

Comment

i know thats why i turned off autocorrect on all my devices.
                      ~~

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        Anyone actually use the ridgid drain cleaning mitts with the staples in the palms?

Rick.
                        I do. only for drain cleaning though. I've never had any problems with them getting caught or torn. The leftie gets used the most, the rightie only rarely.
                        ~~

Comment

Didn't start out wearing gloves when handling pipe, or a mask or coveralls when crawling or ear protection when around really loud noises. Eventually did. But, some damage was already done.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                            I'm looking for cut protection and the ansell plumbing gloves look like they might work but sort of pricey ranging from 23 to 30 bucks a pair? Anyone use these?
                            I have used the construction gloves and they are very nice.
                            Pricey? How valuable are your hands?
                            Buy one pair for a test run. Let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.
                              They are not very flexible. Only good for drain cleaning for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X