X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zoller m53

I have a customer that lives on a golf course. It seems that this is the third pump ive installed in 4 yrs.I use to use hydromatic pumps but the water table was too high and would over flow into the back up basin (not done by me but somrone drilled a 4" hole through the basin to the other basin to act as a reserve probably the build er they used corrugated pipe from one to the other) my question is this ive been having some issues with the zoller products burning out to fast, yes I use a check valve , yes I drill a 3/16"hole in the dish change piping right above the switch and direct it toward the switch so it cleans it off as its engaged anyone else have this problem?

Re: zoller m53

mechanical switched pumps seem to have a shorter lifespan than other styles of switched pumps. I've always used he mercury switch or ball switch float style and they last a LONG time. of course, the more number of cycles in a given year the shorter the lifespan will usually be. Another benefit of the float style is that they are usually a separate cord and plug which makes them easily replaced. It's mostly the switch that fails, rather than the motor part.

look into a leveler adapter, used inside of septic distribution boxes, to adjust and raise the overflow hole. this may allow you to use other pumps, yet still have the overflow capability.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

the zoller m53 is a very common pump out here. the main issues I see them burning out is the screen gets plugged with debris// leafs. this causes the pump to run and not pump enough water.

is the water pretty debris free?

might need a pump that can handle more solids.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

How about a pedestal pump?

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
          How about a pedestal pump?

~~

Comment

the basin is completely clean there's no debris or anything inside of it just water what happens is the float is sticking even when you force the switch down the Pump doesmt turn off I thought it may have been a vacuum issue but there's a 3 16 inch hole drilled in the discharge pipe below the check valve

Comment

if it wont shut off or wont turn on, it's the electrical switch. zoeller had a rebuild kit for them but i dont think it's a real reliable switch in the first place.
              ~~

Comment

I took it out and installed a hydromatic hopefully we wont have the same problem with the pressure switch

Comment

Originally posted by sewermonster85 View Post
                  I took it out and installed a hydromatic hopefully we wont have the same problem with the pressure switch
                  If it cycles frequently it will fail much sooner than the zoeller. IMHO if you value your reputation put a different style of switch in there. I've been bitten many times by these "advanced pressure switches" and have a bad taste from them. I'll never install one again.

I took one apart once. the end switch is only rated for 9 amps. i think it should be heavier. bigger contacts would cause less arcing during heavier startup loads (which are way more than 9 amps).
                  ~~

Comment

I just called the homeowner and told him that there's a recall on that style of pump I don't know what else to do I've always do the zoller pumps a buddy of mine is telling me about a pedestal but I don't know there's nothing in the way to obstruct the float switch so I guess I'll give it a whirl

Comment

only 9 amps the outlet should be 15 amps or 20 amp breaker that's nuts the only reason why I told him I had hydromatic pump is because it'll keep the water table little higher and it won't tkick on as frequently

Comment

if you can, dig the pit deeper and use the tethered float. it really is a much better system.
                        ~~

Comment

Working...
                        X